UK fuels card

Anyone else have one of these? And has anyone had problems with garages accepting them?

Our company have just stopped using them, don`t know why, gone back to Keyfuels, just assuming a better deal was agreed.

There’s an app for the Iphone eRouteUK if this is of any use to you?

yep used em with 2 different firms. This lot i’m on with now only use the uk fuels. The hand book seems full of the likes of Morrisons garages. I know Lymm, Colsterworth and Alconbury take them, as do a few BP garages. Depends where you run from and to really, there’s very few places on the M5 that take em. Stresham North bound M5 take them, M6 between J11 and 10 Southbound for both diesel and adblue, N/bound only diesel. There does seem to be limited places to use them compared to Keyfuels but they are cheaper then keyfuels so i’m told.

We use UK Fuels. Seem to be plenty of garages that take it. I have a site finder bookmarked on my tablet to find them.

we have bp and keyfuel cards, we have fuel in the yard also, but we have also just had new cards, bwoc/keyfuels, we’ve been told to use these cards and not fuel up in the yard as these are alot cheaper. dont know how that works :confused: :slight_smile:

tango boy:
we have bp and keyfuel cards, we have fuel in the yard also, but we have also just had new cards, bwoc/keyfuels, we’ve been told to use these cards and not fuel up in the yard as these are alot cheaper. dont know how that works :confused: :slight_smile:

that can often be the case, the fuel card firms will give a good price if you have not been using them and filling up at the yard!
to get a good price in bulk these days you need to be ordering a large amount, if your firm bought diesel last week and the price has gone down this week the cards may well be cheaper.

Moose:

tango boy:

that can often be the case, the fuel card firms will give a good price if you have not been using them and filling up at the yard!
to get a good price in bulk these days you need to be ordering a large amount, if your firm bought diesel last week and the price has gone down this week the cards may well be cheaper.

yes mate i understand that, but surely its like paying for it twice if the diesel in the yard is already payed for? :confused:

Stresham North bound M5 do not accept uk fuels :imp: :imp:
we are going back to key fuels as uk seem only good for cars and vans imho
the weblink we were given is next to useless as you cant filter hgv and is going to get worse with tesco garages accepting them soon

Yea, strensham North definitely do not take them, neither does frankley, Tamworth or hopwood. The only one I found that did take it was inaccessible for LGV’s. Pain in the bum.

tango boy:

Moose:

tango boy:

yes mate i understand that, but surely its like paying for it twice if the diesel in the yard is already payed for? :confused:

Diesel doesn’t go off. You can keep it in those tanks for ages. Why use the fuel you paid too much for, when you can get a better deal from your fuel card. Then, when the fuel cards put their prices up, you can “save money” by using the stuff you already own.

Its also a fair way to keep your trucks moving if you have cash flow problems. Dont need to worry about diesel cost, you already have it in the yard.

We have BP cards and have to use them to get the fuel in the tanks in the yard.

Stensham Services northbound is a Texaco garage, and UK Fuel card is a texaco card, well mine is anyway. I deiselled up at said services on Thursday after tipping Bristol. Always use them coming out of Bristol.

Where I now work, they use company credit cards for fuel. I thought this would be way too expensive. They’ve only got 3 tippers so a bulk tank is too much expense in one go, and apparently, using a credit card means they can refuel at any garage rather than drive for miles to an accepted bunker site.
UK fuels and keyfuels weren’t accepted around West Oxon a while back…

degsy4wheels:
Stensham Services northbound is a Texaco garage, and UK Fuel card is a texaco card, well mine is anyway.

Not every Texaco site takes UK fuels.

Which strensham north is one that doesn’t take them. Only key fuels now according to the cashier.

Strensham North has changed very recently then. Took mine last week, and seems wierd that a fuel card with the texaco sign on the back isn’t accepted at all texaco garages.