Uk domestic driver hours

How do

Just a quickie hopefully lol

Am I right in thinking that under domestic only rules I’m good working pretty much when ever for how ever long no need to worry specifically regarding rest periods ect

As long as I don’t go over the 16 hours a day adveraged out over 26 weeks ?

Recently went self employed working out of a temprature controlled courriour company
Granted only out and about in a sprinter but beats the hell out of my last job
Plus it’s all experience

Domestic does not come under the RT(WT)R but the normal WTD where there are no rules regarding average working time, breaks, rest periods etc
The normal WTD can be opted out of in its entirety

Simple rules for domestic
In any 24 hours …
no more than 10 hours driving
no more than 11 hours total working including the driving

It occurs that if EU rules were that simple and concise, there is half a chance that more drivers would understand and keep them.

Well that’s me buggered then

Addveraged day is 2 hours driving to get to site 2/3 hours waiting for loads / loading
4 hours ish driving to various sites to deliver and I suppose a few hours unloading time at these places then 2 hours to rtb fuel up clean van out go home

I’m generally in the 12 / 16 hour ball park most days

Nightfirez:
Well that’s me buggered then

Addveraged day is 2 hours driving to get to site 2/3 hours waiting for loads / loading
4 hours ish driving to various sites to deliver and I suppose a few hours unloading time at these places then 2 hours to rtb fuel up clean van out go home

I’m generally in the 12 / 16 hour ball park most days

The waiting time can be done as break so what does that leave ?

Some days still way over lol

Hi hum lucky there isn’t a taco