UK and European truckstops and cafes

Eating in the Rouitiers,then shipping in to the uk,i used to dread it,the uk lay by tea vans,my heart would sink coming off the ferry.

I stopped at one this week between la Roche sur yon and les herbiers called chez ju ju, it was a harrowing first time experiance with it being full and nobody speaking any English and my French being basic :exclamation:

I now know next time what I have to do and will be ok.

Btw the food was amazing and fresh and free wine as well.

JD,they can be quite indimating the first time,they cab seat 500 or more,and very noisy at lunch and dinner time,can you imagine free jugs of wine in a uk msa,or truck stop,we are grown men,and can decide how much we can drink with our meal.
MCdonalds in France and Spain serve beer with their food.
You can point to what you want to eat by what the chap is eating near you,the menu would be hard if you do not read French,how they do work after 5 courses of food without falling asleep is amazing.

Puddings are creme caramel with burnt brown sugar,the chef will blow torch it with gas.It sad to see 40 year old lay by cuisine in the uk,you have to think,if the owner uses the loo,and there is no water or soap,does he/she clean their hands in the washing up bowl that customers get the mugs and plates from.

Driving in the UK now i miss the resturants over there. Go on and eat food thats been sat on the warm plate all afternoon so it tough as my old steel toe boots and probs taste the same

Dont forget the surly and moody English staff that just want to go home,and the driver is a in-convenience,in the land of euro,you are treated like Royalty.

I had a soft touch for carbon blanc and the fact Ben would sell his table wine for bout £1 a ltr cab was full of it also Castets was a another good one

taffytrucker:
I had a soft touch for carbon blanc and the fact Ben would sell his table wine for bout £1 a ltr cab was full of it also Castets was a another good one

I liked Castets but my favorite eatery in Euroland was the Kontixa at Sunbila, the one on the northbound side.

Ross.

bigr250:

taffytrucker:

I liked Castets but my favorite eatery in Euroland was the Kontixa at Sunbila, the one on the northbound side.

Ross.

Castets is handy because only 90 mins or so from Irun and also you can make the boat at Caen in about 9 1/2 hours when heading home. The 80 kph limit on the wood road is a pain mind

taffytrucker:

bigr250:

taffytrucker:

Ross.

Castets is handy because only 90 mins or so from Irun and also you can make the boat at Caen in about 9 1/2 hours when heading home. The 80 kph limit on the wood road is a pain mind

I used to make Sunbila for a 2nd break (fuel & food) after loading Valencia, then on to the ‘cabage patch’ to finish the shift!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: then another full shift to Dieppe :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: (2 very full shifts :wink: ) So, Pobla de Valbona to Dieppe in two cards, easy!!! (might not be so easy on a ‘digi’ :imp: )

Ross.

Very big showers at the BP at Saint Andre de Cubzac,food was not too bad,i would get my unit serviced at the garage around the corner,the one with the mad dog that would chase the truck when you drive in.
Spent hours cycling off the lanes and small villlages when having some time off at the BP.
Do you remember the young brunette that had an old car earning some extra money at the BP,think she was a nurse with a young son.

bigr250:

taffytrucker:

bigr250:

taffytrucker:

Ross.

I used to make Sunbila for a 2nd break (fuel & food) after loading Valencia, then on to the ‘cabage patch’ to finish the shift!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: then another full shift to Dieppe :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: (2 very full shifts :wink: ) So, Pobla de Valbona to Dieppe in two cards, easy!!! (might not be so easy on a ‘digi’ :imp: )

Ross.

Never stopped at the cabbage patch. I know the one in Bordeaux itself not sure of the name food and wine not bad but the parking is bad lot of taliban there for the free parking. At carbon Blanc Ben wouldnt let anyone in who didnt eat there lol