UGS rigid Scania

I had this truck for a couple of days last week (agency work), delivering drainage supplies in Cornwall and N. Devon. Plenty of poke being a 380, but not enough weight to hold me down in some sites (truro) so I had to get towed up out of a site (even with the diff-lock and TC turned on). Nice drive though. Pics taken at the layby on the hill east of Bodmin - grub van was closed though :frowning:

Makes a change to see something like a builders merchants rigid with a decent size lump in, most you see like this are 260s maybe the odd 310

The TM said it used to be an artic unit, but was converted. It has a fair bit of overhang at the back (which was fun).
Still overpowered for the work, but will last for a long time at that rate. Nice wagon really.

Yes I thought it might, my 6 wheeler P124 - 420 started out as a unit and has the full 14 speed box in it.
It has also got a rear lift axle giving me a nice 14’ overhang to the end of the beaver tail.

Yeah, this one had a lift axle too, I left it down, to save embarrassment :wink:
Full box too, 3 over 3 with a splitter and crawler gears.