U.K to Stockholm

Had an enquiry from a customer for a job to Stockholm.

Do I ship out of Dover and run up Germany/Denmark etc

Or Immingham Gothenburg and keep road miles to a Minimum

Any advice on estimated Maut Charges also does Denmark still operate on vignette

Lastly what about the Oresund Bridge costs

Many thanks in Advance

Its been a few years since we went over but when we did, we shipped Immingham -Gothenburg on the way out reloading in Denmark on the way home and running down through Denmark, germany etc and shipping back through Calais.

The Immingham crossing is bloody expensive and from memory is about 27 hours. Take something to keep you amused!

The Oresund bridge back then was about £200, but I can’t tell you what it is now. I think on reflection taking all factors into account there wasnt a great deal of difference in costs on either route, the biggest factor is the break available on the long boat and also whereabouts you are reloading from.

When we do it we go Dover Calais, I go over Ban Bentheim border in Holland to keep Germany to a minimum and ship Puttgarden - Rodbyhavn followed by Helsingor - Helsingborg. No idea if it works out cheaper than the bridge but its a lot shorter, plus there’s another very expensive bridge about an hour before the Oresund Bridge. I assume the company I work for have done the calculations. Our ferries over there are booked through Motis.

We do exaxtly as switchlogic does and our boss would have worked out the cheapest way to the penny

As witch says and thise two ferries are cheapest way and cheaper thandoing first ferry and malmo bridge

Only difference we do is upto emmen in nl then cut across national to clopenburg cheaper
And just as quick with delays and no overtaking on a1

As switch says even forgot the s lol

I go exactly as switchlogic , we book through Harbour shipping they call those crossings “land bridge” . Harbour shipping not the cheapest but someone there 24/7 365 days a year

I would go through cloppenburg (utrecht-zwolle-haselünne) to travemünde, there take a ferry to malmö, get two good meals, a nice cabin with a shower to yourself and a 9-hour break instead of driving through denmark. arrive in malmö early morning and get to stockholm in time to unload the same day.

I had my passport stolen on a Eurolines bus from Stockholm to London.
But i still got back to the UK without it.
On the ferry i walked out of a door on the ship and rejouned the coach without going through passport control.
While transiting Germany i filled a lost passport form out.
In Dover,showed them the form.No problem or delay.

Barcelona_Karl:
I go exactly as switchlogic , we book through Harbour shipping they call those crossings “land bridge” . Harbour shipping not the cheapest but someone there 24/7 365 days a year

I used Harbour Shipping a few years back. I found out it was cheaper paying with my DKV fuel card at the desk! :open_mouth:

Agree big vern was about to say same

I saved a fair bit this year rang up for rates
Then paid on dkv on arrival

switchlogic:
When we do it we go Dover Calais, I go over Ban Bentheim border in Holland to keep Germany to a minimum and ship Puttgarden - Rodbyhavn followed by Helsingor - Helsingborg. No idea if it works out cheaper than the bridge but its a lot shorter, plus there’s another very expensive bridge about an hour before the Oresund Bridge. I assume the company I work for have done the calculations. Our ferries over there are booked through Motis.

I had to price up a job Gothenburg last year, and this was the cheapest route, even taking into account wear and tear on the truck.

You might get better prices for direct payments, but we were quoted
Oresundsbron Bridge £115
Storebealt Bridge. £160

The ferries to get from Puttgarden to Helsingborg £309.06 but this is for 2 drivers.

Killingholme to Gothenburg £1314
Immingham to Gothenburg £1486 to £1768

This was about this time last.

The bloke decided to get somebody else to move the car, the transporter wasn’t really right for the job and the car got damaged. One of only 5 made and worth £800,000
But I suppose it was worth it to save a few quid on transport. :unamused:

toby1234abc:
On the ferry i walked out of a door on the ship and rejouned the coach without going through passport control.

Toby your point is what…

Dfds also sail from tilbury to Gothenburg we used to use this route if it still runs the ship used to carry mainly paper in rolls in big containers and some ro ro freight worth a try if u need to cut cost why not just ship unit trailer and fly out to Gothenburg that’s what we used to do then we would pick truck up on dock at goth and drive deliver to Stockholm chep flight Ryan air stansted or easy jet gat wick :wink:

The Boys Own:

toby1234abc:

Toby your point is what…

Toby’s post rarely have a point, they are a sort of surreal random ramblings.
Think of him as the Salvador Dali of trucknet. :laughing:
Maybe if you read this thread you’ll appreciate his unique contributions :smiley: