U.K. To Ireland jobs

Probably one of them where the novelty would soon wear off but are there companies in the uk that do regular trips to Ireland and back? I’m class 1 and in the north west.

Baldy91:
Probably one of them where the novelty would soon wear off but are there companies in the uk that do regular trips to Ireland and back? I’m class 1 and in the north west.

why don’t you just work for a n.i. copany that does uk work…wouldn’t that be easier? surefrieght,mc burneys,woodsides etc,or if you want a pittance,then manfreight and the rest of the dfds subbies.they wont want you coming over and wasting time on the ferry.
and make sure you know the difference between northern Ireland,and Ireland.2 different countries,and it might save you getting some expensive dental treatment sometime in the near future if you don’t.

Woodside and Montgomery both have yards in Bamber Bridge, Knights of Old are regularly over here too, I think that of the Irish firms that employ drivers from the port areas in the NW it is not a regular thing for them to go over as they mostly ship their trailers across and work in the UK all week. You could try the fruit and veg crowd from Preston can’t think of their name at the moment, white and purple scanias they are over in the north on a daily basis.

Thanks for the replies. Just a thought something I may fancy doing at some point

I go over regular and there’s a few I see from the north west there is Dobson fruit and veg and edmundsons furniture from morecambe. Also coach house are round your way aswell

Is Dobson fruit and veg the haulage company name?

Surefreight work a right few units outta Heysham and they’d get you over the water with loads.
Hourly rate for 1st 40hrs is a joke though!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Or an Irish company. Or an Irish company with depots in UK like Dixon and, errrrr, Virginia. Or you could completely take leave of your senses and try Nolans. :wink:

Baldy91:
Is Dobson fruit and veg the haulage company name?

T Dobson and sons from scarisbrook I think