U.K. Irish hauliers working for tesco

I’ve seen a number of x continental men pulling for tesco all internal work in the uk even some store deliveries surely the rates must be good for uk as Ralph Davies would never buy fuel in the uk .

Subbies on for Tesco NI are on £500per 10hr shift and most loads are wild light,
maybe don’t even use 70L drev per shift!!!

Big Truck:
Subbies on for Tesco NI are on £500per 10hr shift and most loads are wild light,

They’d probably be better off working for Tesco on the agency for a fair few of the runs. By the time you take into account all the running costs for a day and fuel they’re probably no better off than the agency are paying self employed drivers at my nearest RDC. 70 litres of diesel will get you 150-160 miles. If they’re getting £500 a shift and are being sent from Goole to say DIRFT and back they’re going to be basically doing it for free.

Conor:

Big Truck:

They’d probably be better off working for Tesco on the agency for a fair few of the runs. By the time you take into account all the running costs for a day and fuel they’re probably no better off than the agency are paying self employed drivers at my nearest RDC. 70 litres of diesel will get you 150-160 miles. If they’re getting £500 a shift and are being sent from Goole to say DIRFT and back they’re going to be basically doing it for free.

They are doing NI Tesco store deliveries for that and £500 is good money if you can double shift the unit,
£7000week/gross possible!!!

Can’t work SE/Ltd here for Tesco agencies and £10/11/hr PAYE/agency even over weekends think the subbie has a better earner by far!!!

Why would anyone in their right mind want to work with tesco…■■?

Pimpdaddy:

A few years ago at a previous job supplying garden plants when Focus went under we started work with Tesco and it was the biggest waste of time ever. If it cost us 5p to grow a plant you might get 5.1p for it from Tesco and then we got no haulage money from it as they had Eddie Stobart come in and do everything (Except when they couldn’t and you had to provide x amount of trucks and drivers to cover it and maybe they gave us £5 extra for the work). The company was out of business within a year with massive debts, we might as well of closed the moment Focus did.

Alot of the subbies yoi see wouldn’t be on that sort of money a shift. Its usally the bigger transport companys that have the contract and then sub it out again.

Pimpdaddy:

And why would anybody want to work for Tesco on Agency :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know a few lads doing it down around London and the southeast, experienced men who must be doing alright, and fly home every other week

tango boy:

Pimpdaddy:

And why would anybody want to work for Tesco on Agency :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Because £150-200+ per shift for one sometimes two drops. You would be mad to turn it down. But then i guess you dont get a shiney truck or some peekaboo curtains, which would put most off.

m_attt:

tango boy:

Pimpdaddy:

Because £150-200+ per shift for one sometimes two drops. You would be mad to turn it down. But then i guess you dont get a shiney truck or some peekaboo curtains, which would put most off.

My truck is 4 years old and not a peekaboo curtain insight but there you go :laughing: :laughing:

Ralph davies has to buy fuel in the uk he hardly goes abroad these days

TheYoungTrucker:
Alot of the subbies yoi see wouldn’t be on that sort of money a shift. Its usally the bigger transport companys that have the contract and then sub it out again.

Brian Close/Davy Blair and McBurneys are on £500/shift.
Blair subs out to Bell Transport and maybe Forward Freight (used to be “Barline”).

tango boy:

Pimpdaddy:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Big Truck:

TheYoungTrucker:

Blair subs out to Bell Transport and maybe Forward Freight (used to be “Barline”).

Who in there right mind would work for Blair or mc burney unless your a scouser or from ■■■■■■■ .

irishexpat:
I know a few lads doing it down around London and the southeast, experienced men who must be doing alright, and fly home every other week

that’s the sort of work would suit me aye I’ve seen a few northern men pulling the wee tesco trailers around London Town
Handy haulage I would say

hanson:
Ralph davies has to buy fuel in the uk he hardly goes abroad these days

Aye he must be getting good rates I was talking to one of his drivers a while back at south mimms it’s mostly all uk supermarket work now .

Big Truck:

Are you sure about that ,most of my work was d/d and they weighed them after loading and often had to drop them back on bays to get stock/ cages took off as they were o/ weight

chef sauce:

Big Truck:

TheYoungTrucker:

Who in there right mind would work for Blair or mc burney unless your a scouser or from ■■■■■■■ .

As in PAYE driver or subbie■■?

Big Truck:
They are doing NI Tesco store deliveries for that and £500 is good money if you can double shift the unit,
£7000week/gross possible!!!

Less fuel, tax, insurance, public liability, servicing, tyres, other company running costs such as parking, wages, accountancy costs…

If you could work 7 days a week at my local Tesco RDC on agency self employed doing 10hr days you could easily do £1000 a week so £2000 double shifting.