Tyres

Who does the best service and price for call outs for punctures and tyres

Where?
Which country?

Simon:
Where?
Which country?

anywhere

Easy…carry a couple of spares a wheel brace and a jack…thats what we did in “the old days” :unamused:

Paul:
Easy…carry a couple of spares a wheel brace and a jack…thats what we did in “the old days” :unamused:

Beat me to it :slight_smile:
What you said +1 (but make sure that the blown out tyre that you bring back has the right serial no on it :blush: )

Suedehead:

Paul:

Beat me to it :slight_smile:
What you said +1 (but make sure that the blown out tyre that you bring back has the right serial no on it :blush: )

Works for me.

yes im gonna carry a spare after reading old postings some 1 paid £900 for for a 7.5t tyre in france. whats this about the serial number?

critical:
yes im gonna carry a spare after reading old postings some 1 paid £900 for for a 7.5t tyre in france. whats this about the serial number?

Well I heard from a guy that had missed the Herald of free Enterprise because he was on a secret mission in China for the SAS whilst pretending to be a normal truck driver that when you get off the ferry there is a camera fitted at wheel height that takes pics of the serial numbers on your tyres. If you try and bring back a tyre with the wrong serial number then british customs will do you for VAT fraud. I think the guys name was Toby something :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

It is worth bearing in mind that in some European countries your not allowed to change a wheel on the side of the motorway !! So having a back up plan with some euro tyre company or other is advisable or the police/gendarmes will call out whoever is on their good chum list and royally rip you off.

In reality, tyres do not have individual serial numbers, they have manufacturing and batch codes which shows where, & when they were made, they will sho the week or the period in which they were manufactured.

It would probably be quite difficult but you could probably play snap with a warehouse load of D20’s :stuck_out_tongue:

Dam,i have been rumbled, :smiley: :slight_smile:

Eurotyre ?

Paul:

critical:

Well I heard from a guy that had missed the Herald of free Enterprise because he was on a secret mission in China for the SAS whilst pretending to be a normal truck driver that when you get off the ferry there is a camera fitted at wheel height that takes pics of the serial numbers on your tyres. If you try and bring back a tyre with the wrong serial number then british customs will do you for VAT fraud. I think the guys name was Toby something :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Didnt mean that at all.
Firm i was on for years ago,gave drivers a £30 bonus for fitting a spare if over the water.
One driver seemed to be having his more than fair share a lot of blowouts and when the company done a check on the serial nos of the ■■■■■■ tyres,they didnt match.

That info above about me is a tad wrong,i was in Special boat squad helicopter with one engine in it. :smiley: