Tyres

Hi, i have a question and not sure where to find the solution.
I run a Scania 8 legger crane lorry. IT did have 12r on the front and 11r on the back. Now my boss has swapped the fronts for 315’s and now wants to change the rears for 295’s. Now can we do this? and do we have to change all four? or can we do one axle first and then the other later on?

Many thanks
j

john-sussex:
Hi, i have a question and not sure where to find the solution.
I run a Scania 8 legger crane lorry. IT did have 12r on the front and 11r on the back. Now my boss has swapped the fronts for 315’s and now wants to change the rears for 295’s. Now can we do this? and do we have to change all four? or can we do one axle first and then the other later on?

Many thanks
j

I’m pretty sure he can, as the tyres he is changing to, have a higher load rating. I wouldn’t change individual axles, and can’t remember if the circumference is different between 11s and 295’s if so you may have to recalibrate the tacho.

Going up is no problem, its when you start downrating tyres that it causes problems (I think with the plating certificate).

arent 11,s 295 and 12,s 315 ? if so i run 315 on the front and 295 on the mid and drive no probs