Tyre size and plating certificates

As some of you might now Ive brought an ERF C series thats going to have a hiab and small flatbed fitted for my hiab training.
Anyway was giving it a look over yesterday afternoon after going to to do some measurements for the bodywork and noticed that it should have 12 r 22.5’s on all round according to the, plating certificate but has 295,s fitted on the drive axle.
Now as they are easier to get hold of, what would I have to do to get the tyre size changed to 295’s on the certificate, and would it be possible to get it done before it goes in for plating ■■?

At a guess, you just have to fill out a vosa form, can’t remember the number & post it off to them, have a mooch on the website.

There maybe something you need to be careful of once you start changing the spec of a vehicle, I’m not sure, they might be arsey with you. Sorry to be cryptic.

The form for alterations i think is a VTG 10

Enquire at your local station, if you have one. I’ve found they’re quite happy to help.
Should just be a paper exercise, but the axle may downrated if going from 12R’s to 295/80’s, but unlikely on a wagon of that vintage.

Can we have some piccy’s up when it’s done please? Would like to see it.

Yeah, that’s what I was trying to think of, it alters the weight limit of the axle with different tyre sizes on.

As it’s the drive axle you might also need to look into the tacho/limiter calibration as the rolling radius of the tyres will be different.

Paul

repton:
As it’s the drive axle you might also need to look into the tacho/limiter calibration as the rolling radius of the tyres will be different.

Paul

thats not an issue paul ,as its that old its limiter exempt and being a training motor its also tacho exempt according to the email from vosa i had

The lorry must be still on the original narrow wheels as on a c series wider wheels to suit a 295 will foul on the track rod end which is why the plastic bumper e series has a spacer and longer studs on the stub axle/drop arm and splayed chassis where as the c /e series steel bumper models had a straight chassis i think if you check your rim widths the cheapest option would be to fit trakmila remoulds they are a zy pattern and are about £170 plus vat and they dont look like a remould either .try tyremiles at ashbourne on 01335 343222

Thanks chaps, and Dan cheers for that :slight_smile: didnt know that , anyway tyre problem sorted the local independant truck tyre place by me has a set of 4 the right size in part worns at the right price :smiley: