Tyre life

Hi, does anybody keep accurate records of what milage you get out of tyres? I run volvo fh 6x2’s at 44T with 295/80’s up front - I’ve run Michelin XZE2’s for years but now they’re getting a bit on the expensive side I was wondering what sort of milage people get out of other slightly cheaper makes, such as Conti or Bridgestone, and whether the extra cost of the Michelin does get more life. I’m looking more at the front axle for now, though I will be looking at drives too. I average 165000Km on the Michelin’s on the front axle.

Thanks

A bloke I park next to in the yard has just had new Michelin remix drives put on his FH12 he paid over £300 each for them off ATS but tells me he’s had 2 years out of the last set on bulk tipping. I’d try Super Singles up front if I were you if its big mileage your wanting, I’ve just put some Continentals on the drive of my FH I’ve never tried them before so can’t say how many miles I’d expect, they cost me £210 each which I thought was reasonable. I’ve sent 4 away to Bandag to be retreaded its been a long time since I’ve done anything like this but they are Michelin casings so I thought I’d give it a go.

Fly sheet

DAF 105 460 ssc 4x2 running 85% at 40t

Michelien XFA1 385/65/22.5 front axel 305000km and still 5mm tread

Geoff

taurus on the front done 110,000kms on them and still going strong {and there made by michelin but a lot cheaper}

continental on my new volvo 90.000km rubish would never use them again

Thanks for the info

I was only a driver but my last employer used Michlien
and we went for miles/ kilometres, great tyres.

I’d stick with the Michelin on the steer. Other makes seem more prone to uneven wear, shortening the tyre life. Better casing for re-groove and remoulding too.

Mich XDE2’s (remix) are brill on the drive axle, and good value too.

I do have problems with the shoulders wearing on the fronts with the XZE2’s, I want to try some other maes just to see how they actually compare to the Michelins I’ve been using for a number of years. I’ve also had problems running remix XZE2’s on the midlift blowing out, so I want to try a new tyre on that position, but again Michelins are the expensive option.

Taurus 2000F or U are a good cheapo tyre for the mid-lift