Tyre inflation

This may sound stupid ( it is ) do the tyre pressure gauges in the services have enough ooomph to blow up a truck tyre , just had my low pressure indicator come up on dash tyre look ok but hard to tell on rear tyres , on another note one of our other drivers says he never inflates his tyres leaves to to the garage ( takes to our tyre garage) safety reasons he said just in case the go pop .
Answers welcome thanks

The inflaters in motorway services can do lorry tyres but they are notorious slow or do not work
I always go to a tyre fitter place off the motorway or a truck garage, drop em a few quid for chip monay

At motorway there’s shld bee separate air pumper for cars and lorries

It’s definitely not a stupid question

But he dous av a point if he inflated them himself as they can go bang with fatal consequences or life changing facial injuries

But does he want a blowing out and then wait 4 a tyre fitter then mess up the unload/reload booking times or an unscheduled night out

Under inflated tyres cause braking and steering issues and sound dramatic but if there woz an accident they would find out about the tyre :
God forbid nobody killed

ive used hilton park south and cherwell valley in the past to check pressure when lights come on. dont know of any others. but then again i worked for a small company trucks were leased/on hire from mv commercials. we didnt have a workshop or garage etc. any issues and mv commercials sent someobdy out.
but like you trye pressure came on few times so decided check them went past various services non went high enough but found hilton park and cherwell valley did. hapened again on trip down mv comercials sent me to local man dealer near where was turned out the tyre valve was faulty had a slight leak.

You’ll run out of money long before a tyre machine manages to get you anywhere close. Carry a tyre pressure gauge because a lot of the time there’s not actually any issue especially when you’re using a wagon that uses the ABS sensors to detect a puncture as they’ll often do a false positive if you’re loaded more heavy on one side than the other.

As long as it’s above 80 PSI crack on even though it’s low. I’ve run back 150 miles at 44 tonnes on that OK…we’ve gone through a spate of slow deflating tyres due to ironically the TPM valves from Goodyear which have all failed with slow leaks due to a manufacturing defect. Currently in the process of removing the thick end of 10,000 of them from the fleet.

Best thing to do is make it the traffic office’s problem. If I’ve got a tyre that looks soft I’ll check the pressure. If it’s below what I’m prepared to run with or I can find an obvious reason why that means I’ll not get back I’ll just pick the phone up.

amazon.co.uk/Pressure-MoreC … 2&sr=8-159

Keep one of these in your bag for accurate pressure check, i’ve tried all sorts and this shape will work on every single wheel type i’ve driven in recent years, some of the others that look similar but have a longer handle are too long in some super single trailer wheels, why i prefer this pencil type is no worries about finding the wierd sized battery flat when you need it and they’re tough enough not to find it broken inside your bag.
That listing is for 2 of them by the way.

Yes the air line on the HGV pumps side should do the job, in theory, whether they work properly in practice is pot luck.

Quite a few of the drivers at my depot can have the card in, hook up and be away within 10 mins and have been known to leave the yard with blown headlight bulbs or trailer brake lights etc etc…. I picked up a trailer a few weeks back and noticed middle n/s looked a bit fatter than normal….flat as! Then the task of finding an empty and upsetting management as it needs tipping and reloading. Had a look through the defect book and the previous driver had run back in from Edinburgh but it cld have been like it for days!

I dont touch tyres,if that blows,you’re a goner.
Especially a tyre thats warmed up,I would call someone out

FFS Sploom, won’t touch tyres, only drive syncros, don’t come to Australia!
What special talents do tyre fitters have, that they can pump up tyres but you can’t?

I only drive autos!.I dont have a big ego ,so I dont have anything to prove when it comes to these things.But,nah,I get it ,Australia is a different ball game,for one thing,youve got the space that we dont have