Typical UK over reaction

google.com/url?sa=t&source= … 5696524679

Millions of road users including truckers can use a handsfree phone with no problem or drama.
Fact of life on a road with traffic, ■■■■ happens…
Maybe at a guess …4 or so really bad scenarios, in last few years and maybe a dozen or so accidents down to phone distraction handsfree or otherwise?
Those estimated stats justify a ban? :open_mouth: …seriously?

True to form in this country …tax something or ban it. :unamused:
■■■■ ridiculous if it is carried out imo.

Nanny state as per usual, next thing no one will be allowed to chat with occupant’s IN a vehicle.

All these MPs are doing is pandering to the anti motorist, anti truck brigade, the liberal lentil eaters and over reactive organisations such as BRAKE.

Anything at all to get votes and further their priveliged gravy train corrupt careers.
The same reason that none of the ■■■■ s advocate or campaign for essential and much needed truck parking facilities adjacent to towns, only this time pandering to the same sort of people that are nimbys. :smiling_imp:

As usual a blurring of the facts to suit their agenda, according to the committee in 2017 43 people died in accidents where a mobile phone was a factor in the accident yet not once did they break the figures down and say how many were due to hands free use, texting or using social media. Without putting jamming devices into vehicles how are they going to police this? There are not enough police to enforce the current traffic laws let alone new ones.

I think there more concerned about
Hgv drivers shuffling about looking
For delivery notes to tell office
Amount of palls delivered , than
The actual phone call

Mazzer2:
As usual a blurring of the facts to suit their agenda, according to the committee in 2017 43 people died in accidents where a mobile phone was a factor in the accident yet not once did they break the figures down and say how many were due to hands free use, texting or using social media. Without putting jamming devices into vehicles how are they going to police this? There are not enough police to enforce the current traffic laws let alone new ones.

Make no mistake mate, anything they can capitalise on and discover they can make a mint out of in revenue…they will find a way.
That is their raison d’etre Rodders. :smiley:

robroy:

Mazzer2:

Make no mistake mate, anything they can capitalise on and discover they can make a mint out of in revenue…they will find a way.

Thank God Boris Johnson is a serial liar, because he has promised to put more thousands of extra coppers out there…

Darkside:

robroy:

Mazzer2:

Thank God Boris Johnson is a serial liar, because he has promised to put more thousands of extra coppers out there…

Give him a chance to prove he is a serial liar, never know might prove you wrong

Mazzer2:
There are not enough police to enforce the current traffic laws let alone new ones.

They won’t need to police it, if you use the linked handsfree on your lorry (or cars so equipped) i have no doubt that will record that a phone call has been made, companies worried about their O licence will monitor it strictly, and if you use an earpiece that will be spotted by any number of the cctv cameras in this country.

We all know this is coming, just a matter of time.
One wonders how long it will be before they privatise such enforcement anyway, they’ve privatised everything else, kerching.

How are they going to prove you’ve been talking into the blue-tooth? “Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?” - I’ve no idea. “Your lips, sir. I saw 'em moving. Were you talking to someone on your phone via hands-free?” - No, I was talking to myself. “Alright, we’re going to see about that. I’m seizing your vehicle and your phone so we can establish whether you were participating in a call at this particular time. You have the right to remain silent.”

Juddian:

Mazzer2:
There are not enough police to enforce the current traffic laws let alone new ones.

They won’t need to police it, if you use the linked handsfree on your lorry (or cars so equipped) i have no doubt that will record that a phone call has been made, companies worried about their O licence will monitor it strictly, and if you use an earpiece that will be spotted by any number of the cctv cameras in this country.

We all know this is coming, just a matter of time.
One wonders how long it will be before they privatise such enforcement anyway, they’ve privatised everything else, kerching.

they cant even stop people using a phone in there hand so how there cope with this one god knows.

thing I don’t get the police are for ever saying they have no staff due to budget cuts lack of funds etc.
fair enough.
but all they need to do is give out a days overtime dedicated to stopping people on there phones. they would easily make a few grand in a day.

Don’t think they really thought this through as don’t most HGV drivers talk to themselves? Err, ok.

I think the only place this could work is in an accident, they could check the phone or phone record, at least in theory, although if the SIM card was launched of course it might be harder.

I do like this however - stops office calling up about stupid things. :slight_smile:

edd1974:
they cant even stop people using a phone in there hand so how there cope with this one god knows.

thing I don’t get the police are for ever saying they have no staff due to budget cuts lack of funds etc.
fair enough.
but all they need to do is give out a days overtime dedicated to stopping people on there phones. they would easily make a few grand in a day.

Wouldn’t be cost effective in most areas. An average PC’s hourly rate on overtime would cost his employer over 30 quid an hour. No idea what the cost is to process a fixed penalty - but it’s certainly significant. And then at the end of the process, the police don’t get the revenue anyway…

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
And then at the end of the process, the police don’t get the revenue anyway…

This point always comes up when on about the Police raising revenue…it’s irrelavent,they are still rinsing us for cash for ridiculous and petty reasons.
The Police in these type of opeations (of which there are many :unamused: ) are merely tax collectors for their superiors ie…The Government :bulb:

Wherever tf it goes the Police’s time could be put to better use.
Catching real criminals bizzarely springs to mind. :unamused:

Cue the usual…‘‘Traffic police are a different dept’’ :unamused:
Could not give a toss, they’re still ‘‘Police’’.

robroy:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.transport-network.co.uk/MPs-suggest-ban-on-hands-free-phone-use/16079&ved=2ahUKEwjD0PKo4f_jAhXoQhUIHeWMDdMQFjABegQIDRAH&usg=AOvVaw0l2k2AYMBKqHT6LJ9sVmP8&cshid=1565696524679

Millions of road users including truckers can use a handsfree phone with no problem or drama.
Fact of life on a road with traffic, [zb] happens…
Maybe at a guess …4 or so really bad scenarios, in last few years and maybe a dozen or so accidents down to phone distraction handsfree or otherwise?
Those estimated stats justify a ban? :open_mouth: …seriously?

True to form in this country …tax something or ban it. :unamused:
[zb] ridiculous if it is carried out imo.

robroy:
All these MPs are doing is pandering to the anti motorist, anti truck brigade, the liberal lentil eaters and over reactive organisations such as BRAKE.

Anything at all to get votes and further their priveliged gravy train corrupt careers.
The same reason that none of the [zb] s advocate or campaign for essential and much needed truck parking facilities adjacent to towns, only this time pandering to the same sort of people that are nimbys. :smiling_imp:

Mazzer2:

edd1974:

fair enough.

Y

trevHCS:
Don’t think they really thought this through as don’t most HGV drivers talk to themselves? Err, ok.

I think the only place this could work is in an accident, they could check the phone or phone record, at least in theory, although if the SIM card was launched of course it might be harder.

I do like this however - stops office calling up about stupid things. :slight_smile:

N bvb kpvj .v ntmjm

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

‘Big’ news to get everyone’s attention, what’s going on that they don’t want anyone to notice elsewhere?

I for one will look foward to a ban on hands free phone calls whilst driving.
It will mean the office will have to plan your day a little better, that can only be a good thing.
I point blank refuse to give my personal phone number to clients, and phone phone is switched off and in my hold-all whilst at work.
I’ve even had arguments at clients transport offices within 5 mins of arriving at site because I won’t give them my number.
Who wants to be at pointy shoes beck and call all day, I certainly don’t.
It seems a lot of you lot bend over to easy to the office wallors.

Just been watching it on the news :unamused: , …All the usual suspects, the so called experts (totally biased with no balance) the poor woman who was once injured due to some white van monkey on his phone, and Mr and Mrs Smythe in the suburbs giving us the benefit of their ‘‘expertise’’ from Mr Smythe’s 500 mile per year driving total.

Thing is though if all this is continually drummed into the gullibe amongst the public, the 'Goebble’s effect sets in, and it builds support with the easily led who go on to believe it and repeati all the corporate and govt b/s…a bit like some drivers in the job in fact. :smiley:

chester:
It will mean the office will have to plan your day a little better, that can only be a good thing.
I point blank refuse to give my personal phone number to clients, and phone phone is switched off and in my hold-all whilst at work.
I’ve even had arguments at clients transport offices within 5 mins of arriving at site because I won’t give them my number.

That’s just what I was going to say. If an agency’s client ever rang me I would demand to know who gave them my number and then ring the agency and shout at them. I’ve even had a company wake me up by ringing my house phone at 2am in the morning rudely wanting to know why I haven’t turned up for a shift I know nothing about. They got a very loud and long flea in their ear, as did the on call agency wallah.

cav551:

chester:

That’s just what I was going to say. If an agency’s client ever rang me I would demand to know who gave them my number and then ring the agency and shout at them. I’ve even had a company wake me up by ringing my house phone at 2am in the morning rudely wanting to know why I haven’t turned up for a shift I know nothing about. They got a very loud and long flea in their ear, as did the on call agency wallah.

Use the Data protection act to your advantage, they have no right to disclose your private no to every Tom, ■■■■ and Harry without your permission, they’re out of order, get the bastds told. :bulb: