Type 2 tacho "Error" codes

I have asked about this before but no one answered what i was looking for.

Between the two thick black lines are a list of “Errors/defects/comments”. Some of which do not apply to me as I was not driving on some of the days/dates given. What do these mean and is there a list for each of the possible codes that could appear in this section?

That should have been this one! Doh!

Driving without an appropriate card.

Page 39 onwards

I wouldn’t know about what could be a lack of vehicle checks before setting off at 05:04 though. :wink:

I think its invalid card, maybe its a damaged card or something.

OK nickb67 I’ll agree with that as an 04 code but what is the
following 01 and then under the time 005/002/003 etc

If you notice that on the 20th were two events at the same time for the same duration with different codings for driving without etc.

As far as I can see symbol and the “01” code means that the vehicle was driven with a none valid card (the card may have been faulty).

The “04” code means the vehicle was used without a valid card (fits in with a faulty card being inserted).

The number in brackets “(003)” “(002)” ec’t is the number of times the event occurred on that particular day.

The “02” code is a bit mystifying as according to the booklet it looks like it means that the vehicle was driven whilst there was a card conflict of some description.
Could the vehicle have been double manned that day ?
Or
Could the card have been inserted in slot 2 instead of slot 1 ? (I’ve done this but can’t remember what message showed on the display)

OK Tacho’ but there were 2 events at the same time (20th) but it also shows 002 AND 003 at the same time for the same duration. Now, if there WAS a previous event of movement without a valid card why did it not list it?
I want to know what they are because IF you get stopped and someone starts spouting at this or that offence or condition, you know where you stand OR you can prevent it happening again by changing your driving habits. That is your duty as a professional driver to know the law and restrictions applied to you in your job. IF they are non card movements and you are not aware of them WHY do they show up on MY card and therefore I would be asked the awkward questions at the roadside possibly MONTHS later and this is only the ones that are printed off. Otherwise a printout is needed each day to see what was recorded, possibly against you!

Basically it’s faults on the tacho unit, nothing to do with you personally. They appear on all printouts of mine too.

gazzer:
IF they are non card movements and you are not aware of them WHY do they show up on MY card

They don’t show up on your card :wink:

Have a look at the image you’ve posted and immediately above the first line you’ve drawn you will see the symbols !X and the card symbol, the errors and faults between that broken line and the one bellow it are the errors and faults on your card, notice that there aren’t any.

Now look at the symbols immediately bellow the line you’ve drawn and you will see a !X and the vehicle symbol, the errors and faults bellow that line are from the vehicle not your card :wink:

Unless you was driving the vehicle on the dates of the errors you have nothing to worry about :wink:

As I said before the 02 code appears to be a card conflict, I can’t explain that, which is why I asked if it’s possible that the vehicle was double manned that day.

I think the reason there are two (003) signs showing for the same day is because both the top codes “01” and “02” resulted in an “04” code, which I think means the vehicle was driven without a valid card three times that day.

As far as I’m aware the list only ever shows the last 5 events that’s why they’re not all listed and the number in the brackets shows the total number of similar events for that day.

If all the events was shown we’d have printouts a mile long :open_mouth:

gazzer:
there were 2 events at the same time (20th) but it also shows 002 AND 003 at the same time for the same duration

Have another look at the image, it shows two (003) for the same time and duration :wink:

OK Tacho’, the important thing is MY part of the printout ENDS at above the solid line I’ve driven, assuming there is nothing below it and the next line of symbols? The rest applies to the vehicle in general, which may have been driven by someone else, with or without a card present?

gazzer:
OK Tacho’, the important thing is MY part of the printout ENDS at above the solid line I’ve driven, assuming there is nothing below it and the next line of symbols? The rest applies to the vehicle in general, which may have been driven by someone else, with or without a card present?

That’s correct, anything bellow the vehicle symbol immediately bellow the fist line you’ve drawn is general vehicle faults/errors and not necessarily when the vehicle was being driven by you.