Tyne tunnel ?

anyone know what the height restriction is and what the current toll is for a Wag and drag.
Cheers

Height -16ft 6" (Standard unmarked bridge height, in other words). Toll - £1.20 each way.

Thanks Lucy

Your information is slightly incorrect Lucy.

We run at 16’2",and are turned away very frequently by the tunnel authorities after setting the alarms off.That’s with agency drivers mind you,as they don’t know.We even struggle with trailers at 15’10",but can get around that by,ahem,lowering the air suspension.

I would think that a safe height would be about 15’8" to get away from tripping the alarms.

Even me,as a former Tyneside resident by birth can’t even blag my way through.

Ken.

Lucy:
Height -16ft 6" (Standard unmarked bridge height, in other words). Toll - £1.20 each way.

Only 20p more than a car then?
So how can the Humber Bridge Authorities justify charging Artics £16.80 EACH WAY■■?

The Severn bridge is only 13 an’ alf’ quid and you only pay to get into Wales. :unamused:

Blimey even the M6 toll looks inviting now :laughing: :laughing:

Time for another pill, I think. :open_mouth:

Dan.

Dan a.k.a Boo:

Lucy:

Only 20p more than a car then?
So how can the Humber Bridge Authorities justify charging Artics £16.80 EACH WAY■■?

The Severn bridge is only 13 an’ alf’ quid and you only pay to get into Wales. :unamused:

Blimey even the M6 toll looks inviting now :laughing: :laughing:

Time for another pill, I think. :open_mouth:

Dan.

£16.80 :unamused: :unamused: I nearly went across the Humber today and only had a tenner with me , glad I’m a tight arse and went back to the M180 :laughing:
[/quote]

Quinny:
Your information is slightly incorrect Lucy.

We run at 16’2",and are turned away very frequently by the tunnel authorities after setting the alarms off.That’s with agency drivers mind you,as they don’t know.We even struggle with trailers at 15’10",but can get around that by,ahem,lowering the air suspension.

I would think that a safe height would be about 15’8" to get away from tripping the alarms.

Even me,as a former Tyneside resident by birth can’t even blag my way through.

Ken.

Didn’t know that! Just as well we’re rarely over 14ft 9, with my lack of paying attention…and that we don’t get many open-tops and flatracks!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

one unfortunate thing about a transporter is that different cars on the top deck change our height quite dramatically, can range from about 15 feet 7 to about 16 four :open_mouth:

Last time i went through the tyne tunnel the sign says report to the tunnel authorities if over 16’0… However, I was running at 15’8 and it seemed ver close… luckily aerials weren’t on the cars…

Cheers everyone, I had no probs as i’m only 13’ 9’’ well not me exactly but the truck is.
£1.20 nice and cheap too, although with the road and fuel tax we pay their shouldn’t be any tolls in this country