Tyne Tunnel

Not a hole I pass through often!
But might have to a bit more, any locals to it know if there is anyway of getting a receipt from the tolls?

There wasn’t many years ago, but there should be

Nope. Your boss will have to trust you :wink:

Your boss can get a prepaid permit, saves him money too :laughing:

http://www.tt2.co.uk/tyne-tunnel-tolls/permit-application.html

Seen them but as its not a daily thing can’t see him buying permits, plus the hazardous goods complicates it. Will just have to gain the £3:20 somewhere!

If the boss won’t pay go round. When i worked for Sainsburys they woundn’t pay so you went round used to cost them £12 in wages each way instead of £2 and then there was fuel on top.

When I drove a wagon and drag for the Mendlesham mafia i was told to take both across at Dartford and the drag was empty and he never reimbursed for any tolls paid out so I went across Dozy’s Woolworth ferry :slight_smile:

Location youre heading to? Might be able to use alternate route.

Location ha middle of knowhere north of Morpath! Go through middle of toon at Mo avoiding A1 closure in small hours. But with A1 closures round Barton its easier to do 19 all the way from Dishforth. Delights of night work!

No. It’s £3.20 for a truck from recollection, used it the other week. If your boss doesn’t trust you for £3.20 tell him to shove his job.

mac12:
If the boss won’t pay go round. When i worked for Sainsburys they woundn’t pay so you went round used to cost them £12 in wages each way instead of £2 and then there was fuel on top.

This, go through Newcastle over the Tyne bridge. It takes ages at peak times and costs loads more in fuel but I wouldn’t hesitate to go this way if I had a boss who quibbled over a £3.20 toll.

Tris:
No. It’s £3.20 for a truck from recollection, used it the other week. If your boss doesn’t trust you for £3.20 tell him to shove his job.

We have to claim expenses back, which they always pay but we need proof in receipt form. There’s ways of gaining it back :wink:

I once tried to demand a receipt after I had driven through, but they weren’t interested in my protest and just said ‘turn round and drive back through’ so I had to back down and just pay. After that, as an owner driver I used to just right myself a receipt out and put it through the books, accountants seemed happy with that and tax man never looked, vat man wasn’t interested as I wasn’t claiming vat back. I guess if it had ever been questioned I could have shown from my work that I was using the tunnel.

Imp:
Location ha middle of knowhere north of Morpath! Go through middle of toon at Mo avoiding A1 closure in small hours. But with A1 closures round Barton its easier to do 19 all the way from Dishforth. Delights of night work!

where abouts in the middle on nowhere … that’s where I live… LOL

Imp:

Tris:

We have to claim expenses back, which they always pay but we need proof in receipt form. There’s ways of gaining it back :wink:

The beauty of a tracker no arguments.

Imp:

Tris:

I’m the same, but it’s common knowledge that the Tyne tunnel doesn’t give receipts so just go through it and put it on your expenses with a note saying no receipt issued. I think you’re just being naive about it. It’s not like they’re going to refuse paying £3.20. They’d be more ■■■■■■ if you wasted diesel going through the city.

Tamar bridge dives receipts

eddie snax:

Imp:

Tris:

The beauty of a tracker no arguments.

What he said…

Used to have to use the tunnel quite regularly in my last job.Never once got a receipt but if proof was needed the tracker told the tale.

Bluey Circles:

Imp:

where abouts in the middle on nowhere … that’s where I live… LOL

‘MorPATH’!!■■ :slight_smile:

Make me chuckle when people ask for directions for places that they say wrong…

It’s 'MorpE’th mate. :wink:

Asking again though, where you heading - possible farm (you did say middle of no where)■■

I know the area too…

Imp:

You could come up the A19 as far as Sunderland, then take the A1231 West through Washington, and rejoin the A1 at Lobley Hill, just South of Gateshead.

You’ll still have to pass the roadworks on the A1 Western Bypass, but it’s only 20-25 miles North to Morpeth from there.