Two-speed axles

I’ve done the “search” thingy on the subject on this forum but turned up nothing (either my skills are rubbish or the “search” facility here is tosh, or both). This place must’ve covered the subject, Shirley…

Would this be of any help.

youtube.com/watch?v=SVDSYSBvjgY

ParkRoyal2100:
I’ve done the “search” thingy on the subject on this forum but turned up nothing (either my skills are rubbish or the “search” facility here is tosh, or both). This place must’ve covered the subject, Shirley…

One of the first units I was allowed to refurbish when an Auto Electrical apprentice, such a simple but effective system.

ParkRoyal2100:

Just Google “Eaton 2 Speed Axles” then open the TN file and it gets you right back to 2009 and the comments of some long gone TN members about 2 speed axles. If it’s of interest of course ! Cheers Bewick.

Thank you gents (and especially Bewick), I knew there was an answer.

While working for the Forestry I had an ERF with a Fuller box. While on holiday or golfing, a fitter (storeman) was sent out to do a job on my lorry. When he came back, he spoke to me and said he couldn’t work the two speed backend. Needless to say, I then drained my gearbox to check for debris.

Joepipe3

Eaton also had a 3 Speed Axle used on double drive bogie layouts, did anyone come across these, apparently well known and used in the USA. Franky.