Two minutes silence today

Where I live the Police block the road for the Ceremony.Long may they continue to do so.

Today i was going to see my Mum&Dad at 11o"clock i stopped the car at a plce called Brill where they lived and looked over the countryside.Just taking how lucky we are to have the freedom to do as we wish

A few years ago (6th June) I was about two or three miles north of the D day beaches while listening to the radio of the narrative of the landings. Being able to see through binoculars where they were talking about certainly made me think how lucky we are but its a crime that scum like that animal coudry (spelling?) and his ilk can get away with doing what they do.

Fallmonk:
Stopped at the side off the road today , engine off , head bowed , there was me and ONE old woman ! the rest of the world continued on, had to just shake head in disgust at the passing cars/pedistrians .
I know our work put a tannoy message out and almost all did observe it respectfully

Sorry mate but the whole point of WW2 is that people are free to choose how and who they pay respect to.

If folk can’t take two minutes out of their sad little lives to think of those who have given their lives for their freedom. It really is their problem, not yours or mine.

W

If you want - take an hour and a half and watch this . Film about the repatriation of a soldier from Afghanistan - interviews with his parents , brothers and sisters , girlfriend . Well worth a watch - some bits are tough to watch .
http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01772j0/

I was lucky - I finished my delivery at 10.50 and was supposed to start loading empty cages back on to the trailer . War memorial was the other side of the building - about 150 yards away . “I’ll be back in 15 -20mins mate OK ?” "No bother drive - give me a second to close the back door and I’ll come with you "Lost the Hi Vis and gloves and walked through the store to the front door . Stepped out and walked 50 yards to the crowd that was waiting for the service to start .
Started to load the empties around 11,20 not a word said