Two Lorries in accident A1 7th Jan 2014

Lorry crash forces A1(M) southbound closure near Wetherby

A three-mile stretch of the A1(M) southbound in West Yorkshire has been closed after a collision involving two lorries.

The crash happened at about 02:45 GMT between junction 46 at Wetherby and junction 45 at Boston Spa.

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said three people had been taken to hospital following the collision.

The Highways Agency said diversions were in place while the road remains closed.

An agency spokesperson said: “Southbound traffic should exit at J46 and follow the ‘solid black circle’ symbol using the B1224 towards Wetherby, the A661 and A659 to rejoin the A1(M) at J45.”

Hope they are alright :frowning:

Hope all involved are ok

rawsons trailer in the pic on the bbc website

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-25634187

Ouch!! Bad start to the new year. Hope everyone is ok.

Our local news is saying 3 people cut out of the wreckage and taken to hospital. They have injuries but they are not life threatening.

yearsleys fridge and a rawsons lowliner from wakefield

elcamino:
yearsleys fridge and a rawsons lowliner from wakefield

Doesn’t look like Yearsleys or a fridge in the picture?

Looks like a flat trailer to me.Not Yearsleys i dont think!

Rich The Stag:
Looks like a flat trailer to me.Not Yearsleys i dont think!

Panalpina DAF with flat trailer. It’s the Aberdeen to Great Yarmouth night trunker.

That’s why there were two drivers in the cab, they would have done a change-over around Alnwick & were then on their way back to Gt. Yarmouth.

All drivers have “minor injuries” so I have been told.

I think they’re both bloody lucky (if lucky is the correct terminology).

2nd Panalpina driver must have been in the bunk. He’d have been finished if he was in the passenger seat by the looks of the damage to the N/S of the DAF.:open_mouth:

Latique:
rawsons trailer in the pic on the bbc website

Definitely based at Wakefield. (Portabello to be exact.)

Ken.

That’s another one solved!
Well done lads.

the rawlinson truck must have been on the hard shoulder or stopped as theres no way that much damage could have been done to the panalpina truck if they had both been moving, i was parked alongside of it on the wetherby relief road and was looking at it over the fence while i was sat not going anywhere, the cab was completely off the chassis, very lucky to get out of that it was a right mess,

My mate rang me today whilst he was heading north.

All I will say is from what he said and the driver is alive, you lucky ■■■■■■. Also the other lorry drivers who were trying to rescue him from the damaged truck. Good on you

I passed it the other way as the emergency services arrived my first thought was hope that the one at the back did not have a passenger as that side of the cab was totalled, The fact it seem it did and it was not a fatal is for want of a better word lucky.

cheekymonkey:
Well done lads.

:laughing: :laughing:

ajt:

cheekymonkey:
Well done lads.

:laughing: :laughing:

We are getting quite good at it now , i remember the first case we looked at a couple of years ago took ages to solve, usually have it sorted in under 24hrs now. :smiley:

What kind of trunking are Panalpina involved in?
I have only ever known them to be import/export transport.