Two different CE opportunities... Let down twice now!

Heya guys n gurls

A few of you will have read my posts recently re how I left my job driving a rigid at the 100% promise of a CE position at a local firm only to be let down. After a month of them messing me around and no income an agency said I would start a night trunking job last night no problem all I had to do was ring at 12 midday to get instructions of what to do on my first shift.

I rang at 12 and he was out but would ring me back in 5mins. At half 1 I rang again and he simply said " I forgot to fill in an insurance document with you because your under 25 do I’ve posted it to you and well send it to the insurance company ok?"

I was like “Erm… On the phone call I told you my age, you read my completed form and it clearly said 23… Do I actually have a chance at them saying yes?”

“I don’t know mate it’s nothing to do with me ok? Thanks”

Not one f**king apology or anything… And I was again left on the day I was meant to start a new job with no where to go…

Im not too proud to ask for my old job back but after the amount I spent on getting my CE I’d really like to make use of it. I’ve got another few places im applying to but I’m loosing the will…

It wasn’t an issue looking for CE work when I had dn income but this is utter sh*te as the only reason I’m in this position is because I was lied to!

Anyway I’m dragging myself out of the house to keep trying…

Laters

Jay

I feel for you Jay and hopefully insurance will be ok with you (though it sounds like a cop out on their part to me).

Keep your chin up and keep trying mate. Something will come up :slight_smile:

The way these people treat young drivers really really ■■■■■■ me off. I’m really sorry to hear this. Go and ask for your old job back.

Try and look at it as a numbers game, Jay. In the course of a year you (and all the rest of us) will encounter a certain amount of bull-doings. At least you have got two of the tossers out of the way quickly, the odds are stacked in your favour now.

Good luck mate,
Alan