Two artics on fire on M1 south between j29a and 29 at 2.00 a

Coming back up M1, i came upon two artics on fire on M1 south at 2 am this morning. One jackknifed with other one beside of him both engulfed in flames. It will most likely stay closed throughout the day. Just giving y’all heads up. Happy travels.

In the roadworks again, what a surprise!!! Thanks for the info though. Hope everyone is ok.

I think it happened near the place where that coach rear ended an artic two weeks ago.

How Spookey, I just mentioned that section of road in another post.
Hope the drivers are ok.

One in the front - white axor with blue curtainsider had its pass side door open so he got out. One that - what looked like to me - went into the side of axor a volvo fh with a box trailer was proper messed up. volvo was on fire, and i mean top to bottom.

it’s on youtube already!

That doesn’t sound to good.

youtu.be/L1tgP-pwxec

Two stills

Looks nasty, hope everyone involved is OK.

It’s a nightmare bit of road !, sectioned off stretches with those concrete bollards & some lorries sticking to the speed limit & and some not :frowning:

It looks bad, I hope both drivers are okay .

Is it just me or does anyone else think that artics seem to be catching fire a lot more these days after a collision?

Actrosman:
Is it just me or does anyone else think that artics seem to be catching fire a lot more these days after a collision?

Higher temperatures with dpf and more plastic trim to reduce cab weight.

Why on earth would somebody film a vehicle fire? Let alone put it on scrotebook/scrotetube.

Hopefully the drivers are both okay. I wonder if the prick who filmed it would have enjoyed the spectacle as much if it was his family member who was potentially burning to death?

What a sad society we are becoming.

Actrosman:

See my recent topic
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=126204

Actrosman:

This, the DPF will reach over 600 degrees, so spilt fuel will ignite very easily if in contact even diesel who’s flash point is only 200 degrees

xxmitaxx:
One in the front - white axor with blue curtainsider had its pass side door open so he got out. One that - what looked like to me - went into the side of axor a volvo fh with a box trailer was proper messed up. volvo was on fire, and i mean top to bottom.[/quote

The other truck was an actros not a volvo. The driver got out ok.

Actrosman:

I think the same,when I took my haz chem p3 I was told diesel would not catch fire as quickly as petrol,so how are these vehicles catching fire so quickly,could possibly be diesel leaking onto a hot exhaust maybe

SWEDISH BLUE:

Actrosman:

See my recent topic
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=126204

Cheers for that. I know when my car does a ‘regen’, it does chuck out a fair amount of heat from the exhausts, as the temp has to reach 600 degrees to burn the soot off fully. Wonder if it’s anything to do with all the ‘additives’ added to the diesel as well, especially Bio fuel…what’s the flash point of chip fat/derv mix? Higher or lower than just plain derv? And with 'em catching fire easier, I’d hate to have to bail out in a hurry from anything other than a cab with a flat floor…I really wouldn’t want to be pishing about trying to find the steering column handle/button (provided it still worked) and the drivers door was knackered, surrounded by flames!