Twitter

#roadtweet already being used.

Wheel Nut:

switchlogic:
I think this would be something really good for Trucknet to get involved in. I’d love to set up something like that but I just don’t have the time these days.

As you may have gathered I’m a massive twitter fan!

One thing i seem to have read or remember Luke, didn’t you get a huge phone bill when you were twittering a lot?

That was general Internet usage when abroad. And my phone bill is still too big.

scotlad:
#roadtweet already being used.

Only 3 or 4 times. I reckon we can use it for our purpose without annoying anyone.

One thing i seem to have read or remember Luke, didn’t you get a huge phone bill when you were twittering a lot?

if you can use Twitter or Tweetdeck as an app , then it’s free to use . There are free versions of both apps too so there is no cost to download AND use .

Just search in the App store under free apps :wink:

I don’t want to be a spoilsport, BUT, I have trucker friends who read and update their facebook pages from their mobiles, and I know they are driving at the time, so wouldn’t tweeting be the same (typing on your phone)?

If so, and you are moving at the time.

1:It’s dangerous.

2: It’s illegal.

3 :As an HGV driver involved in a blameworthy fatal crash… you WILL go to prison.

dazaster:

dessy:
I’m on Twitter as @dessy1969 so follow me alright!!! :laughing:

yours is
twitter.com/@dessy1969

Yes that’s me Darren?

mickfly:
I don’t want to be a spoilsport, BUT, I have trucker friends who read and update their facebook pages from their mobiles, and I know they are driving at the time, so wouldn’t tweeting be the same (typing on your phone)?

3 :As an HGV driver involved in a blameworthy fatal crash… you WILL go to prison.

All true but if you aren’t stopped and safe to do so then wait until your next break.
Or if you can use your voice to make inputs then all good.

Nobody condones phone usage while driving…

Sorted!

Alex

Why don’t you just get an RAC traffic app and set it to ‘alerts’ :question:

Scarab:

mickfly:

All true but if you aren’t stopped and safe to do so then wait until your next break.
Or if you can use your voice to make inputs then all good.

Nobody condones phone usage while driving…

Sorted!

Alex

I’ll bet there’s plenty on here who say they condone it, but do it themselves as a matter of course (because they’re safer than other drivers).
We’ve all picked up the phone and said “i’ll call you back”, but I’ve seen plenty who are on the phone for miles and oblivious to their surroundings.

Mickfly…i bet everybody who has replied to this and 99% of people on this site have at some point used there mobile in some way, whether it be a text or a call…fact of the matter is, if yr in rush hour traffic, you generally don’t but if the road is empty (ish) you generally do. Not you generally but generally errrrrrrrrr…you do! Capeesh? And i would bet a huge number of people who drive at night don’t think twice about having a quick text session but probably do keep an eye on their surroundings more than they do in the day. Does that make sence?

Running away now>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :laughing:

Actrosman:
Mickfly…i bet everybody who has replied to this and 99% of people on this site have at some point used there mobile in some way, whether it be a text or a call…fact of the matter is, if yr in rush hour traffic, you generally don’t but if the road is empty (ish) you generally do. Not you generally but generally errrrrrrrrr…you do! Capeesh? And i would bet a huge number of people who drive at night don’t think twice about having a quick text session but probably do keep an eye on their surroundings more than they do in the day. Does that make sence?

Running away now>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :laughing:

Yes, we probably all do most of those things sometimes (I use hands free, but have to input the numbers sometimes), but I would never text as I am useless at multitasking and I know I would not be giving enough attention to the road.
So, would anyone advocate texting or tweeting whilst driving to be an OK thing to do.
Next time you see someone texting, take a look at just how much attention they pay to the outside of their vehicle whilst they are looking down at their phones (just look at them with one eye obviously).

There are 1 or 2 apps for trafffic updates but none for Blackberry, even the RAC one isn’t compatible. As has been said, it is dangerous/illegal to use yr mobile whilst driving so (as has also been said) wait until your parked. There is some traffic info beginning to filter through and it seems to be working ok but hopefully in time, with more TNUK members aboard (or others that are drivers outside TNUK), we will have it covered nicely and the majority of regions will be covered