twisty A350

Was commimg down towards coast thru shaftesbury all the way to bornemouth nice and tight wasn’t expecting A road to be that thin and uphill downhill gosh some experience still a newbe since October last year,no dramas so far rally like it keep on trucking peeps! :wink:

Yr welcome to Darzet, mate! Thic rowd is a gurt woide rowd. Woit till they vix the Uppr Shaftesbrry Rowd. He really do goo up’ndwonabit, thic rowd, he do!

Zum still try to drive a lurry down’hm tho! He’s closed now tho, look.

joker83:
Was commimg down towards coast thru shaftesbury all the way to bornemouth nice and tight wasn’t expecting A road to be that thin and uphill downhill gosh some experience still a newbe since October last year,no dramas so far rally like it keep on trucking peeps! :wink:

a good road when you are paid on hours and booked on the next morning ferry :slight_smile:

Have the fun of the A350 tomorrow Exeter to warminster then worcester.
Just have to remember don’t come off the A303 at Mere to get to warminster tad windy and narrow past the farms got a few funny looks last time :blush: lol.

Daytrunker:
Have the fun of the A350 tomorrow Exeter to warminster then worcester.
Just have to remember don’t come off the A303 at Mere to get to warminster tad windy and narrow past the farms got a few funny looks last time :blush: lol.

It’s only Shaftsbury to Blandford that is hard work anything North of Shaftsbury is pretty much ok with nice rural scenery.

Yesterday on that road bloody biker was trying to cut the corner nearly hit my truck literally like 5 inches cos i saw him on my lane then he swerved back,i was frozen for a minute,later on somewhere else, i stopped before pedestrian crossing cos i had no room in front of me to clear it, but little girl decided to cross i sound my horn cos i have seen other car passing me so quick(luckily looked in the mirror) she stopped scared looking at me showing me middle finger then this car went like stink in front of her feet…

In that small village with the steep hill, there is a warning sign that flashes to warn oncoming traffic of a large vehicle.
Nobody takes any notice of it, then the road is blocked due to a muppet car driver that can’t read the sign.
They then expect you to reverse back.
Numpties.

bald bloke:
It’s only Shaftsbury to Blandford that is hard work anything North of Shaftsbury is pretty much ok with nice rural scenery.

I remember driving a 7.5T steel truck along that stretch a few years ago when I had to get from Poole to Trowbridge. Had to drive right into the bushes to avoid an 18-tonner driven by some dimwit the other way. Decided I’d go via Salisbury if I ever had to do that route again.

toby1234abc:
In that small village with the steep hill, there is a warning sign that flashes to warn oncoming traffic of a large vehicle.
Nobody takes any notice of it, then the road is blocked due to a muppet car driver that can’t read the sign.
Numpties.

I stopped for a truck coming up there on Thursday though he was so slow I did wonder if it was a false alarm, then 30 minutes later some cars stopped for me on the way back so it is useful. Can’t think of many such signs though.

no good in the dark [early starts]horrible road

truckman020:
no good in the dark [early starts]horrible road

Do it occasionally when our night man’s off, collecting feed from our Blandford organic mill. Not my favourite job.

toby1234abc:
Numpties.

Used to get that all the time on that stretch. The best one was two brand spanking new 6 wheel motorhomes on tradeplates, the lead driver actually visually saw me coming down and still proceeded through the restriction. He managed to pull in when we met but not without taking out his nearside mirror and I reckon there was probably a good scratch or two down the side to boot.

Used to drive the road twice a day and never really had too many problems, probably as we were down it early so missed most of the day traffic I suppose, the snow in 2008 was the worst.