Twelve Years A Slave

We recently watched the movie Twelve Years A Slave, which we thought was a brilliant film. Do think the TV series Roots made several years ago was a bit better.
I think all the racists and bigots should be made to watch films like that, to see what cruelty humans inflicted on other humans, and still happens to a lesser degree in some places.

Yeah we went to the cinema the other week to see it.
Couldn’t comprehend the cruelty and exploitation man can inflict on fellow man.

£9 for popcorn and a coke ffs.

Sorry, I’ll ■■■■ off now, but I know what you mean

DaiDap:

Sussed that a few tears back. Smuggle your own sweets etc in. :laughing:

Don’t think I’ll see it - still feeling guilty about killing off all the dinosaurs. :blush:

Get the original book (not the film version) its brilliant, I agree the film was good but I read the book first on kindle and couldn’t put it down.

Think i`ll wait to view it on the interglobal tinterweb - I find my own home has comfier seats and the snacks are better!

Spielbergs Amistad is an excellent film about the slave ship of the same name and also well worth a watch. Django Unchained has some good historical truths in it, although its a little more far-fetched as you would expect from dear old Quentin! Mandingo (75) and the sequel Drum (76) were both good early efforts too.

We are showing it in the local assembly rooms, we don’t have cinemas here, but at least there is a bar. I have got the book on my Kindle

Wheel Nut:
We are showing it in the local assembly rooms, we don’t have cinemas here, but at least there is a bar. I have got the book on my Kindle

We haven’t a cinema here either. We went to Shrewsbury to watch it. Hadn’t been to a cinema for about 12 years.

Fifty years a slave - story of an innocent white boy chained to the wheel of an HGV (positive) for fifty years for a crime he didn’t commit ! :angry: :cry:

Or the driver that waited 50 years for his POD to be signed at the RDC.Chained to the radiator drinking coffee that is fit for creosoting the garden fence.

DaiD[/quote]
ap:

9 pound for popcorn and coke Jesus that’s a rip off what cinema was it

harry:
Fifty years a slave - story of an innocent white boy chained to the wheel of an HGV (positive) for fifty years for a crime he didn’t commit ! :angry: :cry:

That would be a good film there hasn’t been a film about a lorry driver in a long time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

irish lorries:

harry:

That would be a good film there hasn’t been a film about a lorry driver in a long time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Very few good lorry drivers left nowadays. :wink: All these bright and shiny truckers now. :unamused: :laughing:

Dave the Renegade:

irish lorries:

harry:

Very few good lorry drivers left nowadays. :wink: All these bright and shiny truckers now. :unamused: :laughing:

There’s a lot of good drivers nowadays just because they drive a new lorry don’t mean they couldn’t drive a old one most of them learned to drive in old lorries

harry:

Is this what you mean m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ … 85781&_rdr

DaiDap:

And this murky trade is still going on in a Cineplex near you! THINK BEFORE YOU ORDER POPCORN - HOW MUCH■■? Icecreams too…

try going with your grandkids :cry: especially when they know granddads a soft touch :smiley: :smiley:

harry:

DaiDap:

And this murky trade is still going on in a Cineplex near you! THINK BEFORE YOU ORDER POPCORN - HOW MUCH■■? Icecreams too…

I’m sorry but going to the cinema and NOT ordering a triple scoop peanut butter cup/chocolate fudge brownie ice cream is sacrilegious.

Tut tut… And on Good Friday too

:grimacing:

DaiDap:

harry:

DaiDap:

I’m sorry but going to the cinema and NOT ordering a triple scoop peanut butter cup/chocolate fudge brownie ice cream is sacrilegious.

Tut tut… And on Good Friday too

:grimacing:

Does that rule apply to the UK or just the Church of Whales?