TV's and Inverters

Hi all, after much looking I am about to start a new job with an excellent company doing national and international so all good there.

My query is I have got a 22 inch led tv/dvd (to be very kindly fitted to cab) and a 300w 24v inverter so I am just wondering how long or how much you expert inverter / TV users reckon it will take to kill a battery as dont want to be stuck with a flat battery not that I spose I will get that much time to watch it :smiley: but just nice to know for my peace of mind. Cheers

I have a 22" led TV with a 150w inverter can run it all night no problems gets a bit warm at times but never had a problem

Smoggie89:
I have a 22" led TV with a 150w inverter can run it all night no problems gets a bit warm at times but never had a problem

Many thanks for the reply, just trying to find a mount to put it up in cab now so i dont have to keep moving it etc. :smiley:

chris520j:

Smoggie89:

Many thanks for the reply, just trying to find a mount to put it up in cab now so i dont have to keep moving it etc. :smiley:

I had mine mounted, it’s okay because it’s out of the way and just plug it in on a nighttime but when laid down on the bunk can’t see dark colours etc , I put a piece of wood behind the wall above passenger window in a Scania R series and screwed the mount into the wood and i never had a problem , best get permission first tho as you have to put 2 holes through the wall inside

Does your TV have an external power pack? I only ask because the one I have does. Its a 12V 4A input for the TV power socket so I just made up a cable so I could use a cig socket with it for the caravan. More efficient than running through an inverter.

Conor:
Does your TV have an external power pack? I only ask because the one I have does. Its a 12V 4A input for the TV power socket so I just made up a cable so I could use a cig socket with it for the caravan. More efficient than running through an inverter.

Hi I dont think it does have an external power pack as is a 240 volt telly I did look at 12 volt tellys but opted for a normal one as seemed better. On the mounting front my company have very kindly said they would get someone in to mount it for me so to have a professional job done and works rather than me drill holes everywhere in my nice actros. :smiley:

just got TV 22 inch looks quite big but will see if they can attach to the cab (Actros) I have a wall bracket but looks quite big but hopefully the pro’s will be able to help if not table time and have to put it on table at night and away during day. Any Ideas on attaching to cab gratefully recieved. :confused: :confused: :confused:

chris520j:
Hi all, after much looking I am about to start a new job with an excellent company doing national and international so all good there.

My query is I have got a 22 inch led tv/dvd (to be very kindly fitted to cab) and a 300w 24v inverter so I am just wondering how long or how much you expert inverter / TV users reckon it will take to kill a battery as dont want to be stuck with a flat battery not that I spose I will get that much time to watch it :smiley: but just nice to know for my peace of mind. Cheers

Hi Chris.
I happily fall asleep with the telly and DVD player running all night and never have a problem with flat batteries, not even with the night heater running in the winter.
I feel fairly confident that if you mention the inverter to your new boss he will have a 1500 or 2000w inverter fitted for you at the same time as the tv. And then you’ll be able to run a small travel kettle or a toaster, essentials in my opinion when you’re sat in a truck for up to 3 weeks
It’s worth getting it right as I reckon you’ll have plenty of time to watch telly :slight_smile:
Best of luck with the new job, I’m sure you’ll love it.

Tgtrucker:

chris520j:

Hi Chris.
I happily fall asleep with the telly and DVD player running all night and never have a problem with flat batteries, not even with the night heater running in the winter.
I feel fairly confident that if you mention the inverter to your new boss he will have a 1500 or 2000w inverter fitted for you at the same time as the tv. And then you’ll be able to run a small travel kettle or a toaster, essentials in my opinion when you’re sat in a truck for up to 3 weeks
It’s worth getting it right as I reckon you’ll have plenty of time to watch telly :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info TG, I have just got a 300w SINEWAVE inverter so hopefully that will be ok for when I fall asleep etc I was told it would run me telly and also a kettle (but not at the same time I dont think so anyway) so will see how it goes and if needs be will put a request in for a bigger one when I have been there a bit (dont want to take the mickey eh) I think fitting telly will be a bit of a pain but will see, I’ll let you know how I get on with it etc.

chris520j:

Tgtrucker:

chris520j:

Hi Chris.

Thanks for the info TG, I have just got a 300w SINEWAVE inverter so hopefully that will be ok for when I fall asleep etc I was told it would run me telly and also a kettle (but not at the same time I dont think so anyway) so will see how it goes and if needs be will put a request in for a bigger one when I have been there a bit (dont want to take the mickey eh) I think fitting telly will be a bit of a pain but will see, I’ll let you know how I get on with it etc.

A 300w inverter will run a telly and DVD just fine, it will also be ok charging phones, iPads and laptops etc, but the smallest 240v travel kettles are 750/1000w so you’ll trip out the inverter plugging one of those in.
If I’m guessing right as to where your new job is, then every truck on the fleet has an inverter of at least 1500w fitted by the company, except one, and that was an oversight that was never corrected as the driver wasn’t fussed about having one. And I’m guessing that’s the truck you’ll be in.
You will find your new boss quite amenable to such things, he likes to give his drivers the right gear to do the job.
I’ve not seen a permanent telly install in an Actros yet but it must be possible, at least 2 of the DAf’s have had them fitted permanently by the dealer, and possibly 1 of the Volvo’s too.

Tgtrucker:

chris520j:

Tgtrucker:

chris520j:

Hi Chris.

A 300w inverter will run a telly and DVD just fine, it will also be ok charging phones, iPads and laptops etc, but the smallest 240v travel kettles are 750/1000w so you’ll trip out the inverter plugging one of those in.
If I’m guessing right as to where your new job is, then every truck on the fleet has an inverter of at least 1500w fitted by the company, except one, and that was an oversight that was never corrected as the driver wasn’t fussed about having one. And I’m guessing that’s the truck you’ll be in.
You will find your new boss quite amenable to such things, he likes to give his drivers the right gear to do the job.
I’ve not seen a permanent telly install in an Actros yet but it must be possible, at least 2 of the DAf’s have had them fitted
permanently by the dealer, and possibly 1 of the Volvo’s too.

Hi TG Many thanks for the info, my 300W inverter does indeed work fine for the TV and ref fitting it has been put behind the drivers seat (in actros) and is spot on so all good there. The boss also very kindly put me a larger inverter in for using with kettle and toaster so even better as they say and nothing like a nice hot cuppa on the go eh. All going well and once again many thanks for info and may see you out and about.