tv sticks

anyone got any reccomendations on a decent tv stick my lcd 5 years old blew up and was looking at a cheaper alternative before i splash out on a new telly cheers :smiley: :question:

I tried a couple of em mate and neither of em were any good. Never got a picture anywhere to be honest. LCDs are cheap enough as well at the minute mate.

What is a TV stick and what does it allow you to do :question:

ROG:

A USB stick you plug into your laptop to receive freeview channels.

bubsy06:

ROG:

Is this a good alternative - tvcatchup.com/ :question:

ROG:

bubsy06:

ROG:

Is this a good alternative - tvcatchup.com/ :question:

Well done ROG I can watch Dave now.
Dont think this would be good on the road as it would use up your mobile internet bandwith limit very quickly

had,nt heard much good about tv sticks just thouhgt i,d canvass opinion cheers .rog tried all the catchups iplayer skyplayer etc works perfect inddors pretty useless on mobile broadband thanx anyway.just have to rob the missus,s ■■■■■ and get meself down maplins tomorrow seen a nice one with freeview £159 thanx again. :laughing:

they suffer really badly with interfearence from the inverter. chuck it away

i use one on me lappy and generally find it ok, i do have an aerial similar to a house one ,its on a pole so i raise it when stationary and point it towards the tv masts . usual 50+ channels in most places

mine works fine when I can be bothered. But you do need a VERY good arial the newer ones are better. Anyway for arround 10-15 quid on Ebay you dont loose much.