TV SHOWS

Do think there should be shows on about truck’s. there used to be one on it was very good. But there’s not now :angry: !!!

As long as it shows the positive side of trucking and helps to recruit the drivers we need into the industry then it should be a good thing.
Not sure what sitting around for hours in a RDC will do for recruitment or excitement though. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i remember that it was called TRUCKERS and was a series i think they ran out of a portacabin.it was a bit like a lighthearted TRIANGLE.never took off after 1 series.

for the uninitiated TRIANGLE was a soap about life on the ferries or summit like that.ask your mum for more details lol

You would think that with the number of Trucks on the road we would have a regular programe about Trucking, instaed of all these Car programes witch I detest why cant the BBC do a regular programe on Trucking?

There was a dire programe on, Bravo I think it was, it was allegedlly about trucks but spent at least half of each programe talking about vans.
What we need is a programe of the quality of Truck & Driver etc that is aimed at drivers & operators.

Back in my young days and in Germany we had a drama series called ‘Auf Achse’ (could be translated as Restless, I suppose) about two truck drivers and their tours around Africa, the middle East, the eastern block, and Scandinavia - It ran for more than seven years and was extremely popular. I recon that they would have kept it running if not for the tragic accident that killed a couple of actors whilst filming on location… Even so, it put the call into my heart and I would love to have the opportunity to retrace the routes those two ‘hero’s’ have taken…

I too miss programs about trucks - there is tons of stuff about all sorts of motors and motor sports on TV, masses of programs about vehicles of all kinds and sizes, that move on any kind of terrain - yet so far there was only one program (in my memory and to my knowledge) that dealt with trucks… So media folks - how about it? There are plenty of trucks in this world, so there is enough material there for at least one series! I even drive you!! :wink:

men and motors do a prog and motors tv do mondial truck both are on sat tv :laughing: :astonished:

What we need is a programe that deals with items like new laws, new gimmicks, the future of trucks, if any, the same as the car shows but with TRUCKS,