TV RACK/STAND

does anyone use a tv bracket in their truck?? if so how have you fixed it in place and are they worth it

I have one in mine at the foot of the bunk. I cut a piece of ply which fits neatly in the magazine holder / crap slot / whatever you want to call it, and screwed the bracket to that - it overlaps the front of the slot, so it nips it all up tightly without drilling any holes, so I can lie in bed watching telly.

Got 1 in mine above passenger window Scania highline , undone the plastic furing above window put abit of wood behind the panel and screwed the bracket into the wood and put the plastic furing back on and hook telly onto bracket , tidy and out of the way but need to put 2holes through the panel and when laid on bed some colours go funny with it being flat screen but I can live with that

im just wondering whether or not to bother with it is it actually better than just putting It on the dash…any pics?

I’ll see if I can get some up , it saves time on the night not having to set telly up etc , I still have to retune signal different regions etc but my ariel is on the roof so just a matter of turning telly on and tuning in

From sitting in drivers seat (I usually put a pillow on window and lay back and watch it as the colours don’t fade as much, unless I’m tired and lay on the bed lol)

From laying down on the bed , it’s mainly dark colours that go funny some programmes are fine to watch without colour fade , that is the only problem with having it on the wall IMO as it saves space in the cab and time on a night/morning setting up and putting away

I put 2 pallet blocks behind at the top to give it a bit more tilt even tho I don’t think it makes that much of a difference lol

Smoggie89:
From laying down on the bed , it’s mainly dark colours that go funny some programmes are fine to watch without colour fade , that is the only problem with having it on the wall IMO as it saves space in the cab and time on a night/morning setting up and putting away

Is that a piccy of you doing a workout before tipping smoggie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

alliance:

Smoggie89:

Is that a piccy of you doing a workout before tipping smoggie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The 2nd pic is mate yeh , was getting prepared for a shower in birch :laughing:

Smoggie89:

alliance:

Smoggie89:

The 2nd pic is mate yeh , was getting prepared for a shower in birch :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hahaha

smoggy was that a fairly easy fit■■?

jimmypk:
smoggy was that a fairly easy fit■■?

Yeah piece of ■■■■ mate I done it myself and I’m no good at DIY lol

I made this, it was dead easy, cost me eff all and is just screwed to where the tv bracket would be normally, I just hang it up wherever I want it, onto the lockers, above the doors or at the end of my bed…it’s loads more versatile than a fixed bracket.