Tv on your laptop

does anybody here watch tv on there laptops :question:
ive seen in lymm that a usb stick cost around £30
and was wondering if there any good.

thanks again

they do work ok,but you need a decent aerial.the one they supply you with isnt worth a… :wink:

DO NOT BUY ONE!!! You do not need one, you can watch all the channells on catch up for nothing and the beauty of it you watch what you want :smiley: Just about to watch todays Neigbours… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I got one off ebay for about 15 quid, works a treat but you do need a decent aerial.

Google Zattoo and TV catchup. Both are online sites that let you watch a number of freeview sites in the UK. :wink:

I use my lap top for the tv if you have windows 7 use the media center built in to watch tv still need a dongle and load software but i find it works better on this than it’s own program still don’t expect to get all chanels all the time internet tv is good but if your on a pay as you go dongle 1gb won’t last long

I took deepinvets advice and it really does work. Im not really a telly watcher
so for me it will be ideal as I dont have the outlay for a dongle etc. but I can
still watch something that takes my fancy.

Ps.hope its not compusory to watch neighbours!!

If you’ve got a decent internet connection, just use www.tvcatchup.com to watch live freeview (don’t be fooled by the ‘catchup’ part of the site name - it’s all live TV despite the catchup name). You need to create an account but all they want is a username and a password, nothing else, takes about 20 seconds to sign up and start watching live TV. I actually watch quite a bit of telly from there as my house tv aerial is in the loft and I’m at the bottom of a valley so my normal tv signal is poor. Stream it from their site, PC connected to 37" LCD via HDMI lead and voila, top quality TV from my sofa. :smiley:

What he said! Took seconds to sign up. :smiley:

when i get virgin media to put cable in my truck to ensure i get a decent connection i might try that tvcatchup.until then,a dongle is the way forward :wink:

I’ve got tvcatchup installed on my iPhone and iPad so can watch telly where ever I want, :smiley: :sunglasses:

Which is the best dongle to have to watch tv without going over the usage limit?

I have 3 and I put 3Gb on per month and that costs £15…I watch tv most nights on it and on the net for at least a couple of hours, although that is Mon-Thurs …

Deepinvet:
I have 3 and I put 3Gb on per month and that costs £15…I watch tv most nights on it and on the net for at least a couple of hours, although that is Mon-Thurs …

can you then check your usage on a daily basis?