TV mounting

I have a Volvo fh4 and want to wall mount a TV. Volvo want £600 for the kit and wondered if anyone had fitted their own and how.

pickandmix:
I have a Volvo fh4 and want to wall mount a TV. Volvo want £600 for the kit

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hoping for a bit more than this lol

Mine came with the bracket for the TV in the side locker of the truck,did you get it from new or did you take over the truck from somebody else??
Ask in the workshop if you have one if they removed it for some reason,failing that my mates telly don’t fit in his motor because it’s too big so he has one knocking about.

I asked our gaffer to find out how much our local Volvo dealer would charge for the kit and it fitting and they came back with a price of £1100 :open_mouth:
If however our gaffer would’ve asked for the kit factory fitted it would’ve cost him £135 :unamused:

Ok I’ll be ignorant, a cab is simply a thin wall so why is it so hard to need some expensive bracket to , in effect, put up a small TV (LCD?) why can’t you just get a standard wall mount and adapt it?

Thetaff2:
Mine came with the bracket for the TV in the side locker of the truck,did you get it from new or did you take over the truck from somebody else??
Ask in the workshop if you have one if they removed it for some reason,failing that my mates telly don’t fit in his motor because it’s too big so he has one knocking about.

Tool over it at 2weeks old

dcgpx:
Ok I’ll be ignorant, a cab is simply a thin wall so why is it so hard to need some expensive bracket to , in effect, put up a small TV (LCD?) why can’t you just get a standard wall mount and adapt it?

Driver at our place has fitted one to another drivers new volvo at the back of the passenger seat onto a bit of wood he’s cut out and a normal TV mounting bracket attached.
He’s fit it where the hook is to hang you clothes up, just took the screw out and put a longer one through the wood into where the old screw was. The tv is wired up to an Omnimax arial which is on an arial mounting pole you can get from B&Q for about 20 quid and that is secured to the fairing bar on the drivers side with 2 little g clamps. Feed the wire into the outside looker and up through the bed, up through the back panels so you can’t see the wire and he has wired up an inverter to the fridge wireing and screwed the invertor to the back of the passenger seat near the floor. It looks tidy actually and I’m going to ask him to do mine.
The Volvo instilation kit fits above the drivers door and it’s all wired up to the radio system for better quality sound and can fit upto a 19 inch TV but ■■■■ paying £1100 for it! I’ll let my mate at work do it for about 59 quid :wink: :laughing:

One screw enough?

A bit late to ask for advice as I’ve just ordered one of these, but are they any good?

amazon.co.uk/ANT-536-Digital … B008MIBCCC