Tv in truck.

What is the best aerial to use, I’ve been having a looksie around the web and I don’t fancy paying ~£80 for a Status aerial.

moonraker dvt1000 from maplins 38 quid, sticks to inside your windscreen, and has in built booster 24 / 12 volt

don’t bother with all these fancy truck or caravan aerials.
a decent size household tv aerial works just fine.

A got a magnetic one from amazon…£9.50…works great uk an abroad

What TV have you got mate? I am thinking of getting one.

Get the Snooper sat nav S700, it has a great tv, magnetic base for the aerial with a long and strong lead.
It can do 16 multi drops, and traffic jam and accidents on the road avoidance, plus avoiding low bridges, adr haz routing, ask the guy at the Msa selling for a discount, they normaly oblige.

Thanks for the replies, as it happens I was looking at the cab roof today from the catwalk and guess what was tucked up behind the spoiler? A house aerial, I’ve found the other end of the co-ax, so wiring up will be a doddle whichever aerial I go for.

As for the telly, I’m nicking the kids :stuck_out_tongue: , a 19" Bush LED, 16 watts and 12 volt, just needs a decent regulator/dropper instead of using an inverter.

MADBAZ:
As for the telly, I’m nicking the kids :stuck_out_tongue: ,

harsh

MADBAZ:
What is the best aerial to use, I’ve been having a looksie around the web and I don’t fancy paying ~£80 for a Status aerial.

coathanger

In the end I went for one of these:

$T2eC16RHJF8E9nnC7RMkBQds86hBS!~~60_35.JPG

From HERE, it works without having to fanny about adjusting it’s position, 5m of cable is more than adequate to route it inside the cab.