Tv in cab question

Just getting a head start for when I start having nights out, hopefully changing job in September…

What size of tv is ideal and what size inverter would be good enough along with a arieal…

I’m not too fussed about dvd combo as ill hook up my tablet for flims.

Hope everyone having a good easter.

Dan

Depends how much room you have etc but you are probably better off buying a 12v TV in the first place, Argos sell a 19" 12v TV/DVD player for £99.99.

argos.co.uk/static/Product/p … 223336.htm

Size TV depends if and where you gonna mount it or just keep it on spare bunk. As for inverter I use a 1500w that’s big enough for microwave or coffee machine or TV ps3 etc

60" plasma :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Hi Dan,

Personally the bigger the better for me, I have a 24inch flat screen 12/24 volt
with built in DVD and free view.

Its slim, so doesn’t take up much room, works on 12/24v in cab or 240v for an invertor, I have a 2000 watt
invertor but don’t use it for TV, it runs the micro wave, toaster and kettle.(I like my home comforts)

They are not to expensive, search on google will bring up loads, mine cost £149, had it 2 years now.

Amazon have a good selection, 19 inch to 22 inch, 12/24 volt with DVD and free view.

Hope that helps?

Personally I wouldn’t go down the 12/24v way and just buy a 240v one from any leading supermarket around the 20/24" mark and get a good sized inverter like the others have said,then buy one of those 4way extension leads and your good to go.

Omimax aeriels are IMHO the best out there and get yourself a 240v signal booster and plug that bad boy into your extension lead and you will get a great reception wherever you stop.

That’s what I have and it works a treat. :wink:

I just use the laptop with a cheap usb receiver for free view (about a tenner) and if I cant get a signal I have dvd’s or a few movies on the HD to fall back on :wink:
If I had a newer wagon I may invest but that said for the night or two I spend out a week it does me unless I find a pub of course :smiley:

shuttlespanker:
60" plasma :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

3D smart one at least :smiley: :smiley:

taffytrucker:

shuttlespanker:

3D smart one at least :smiley: :smiley:

Close the curtains and use a projector…dont forget the popcorn :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for all the replys!

I shall search for an inverter and arieal now, as I have a spare 2 2 inch TV knocking about so that will save a few penny’s unless I op for the 60 inch 3d tv to place on the dash :grimacing: :laughing:

Considering your from Hampshire if you do buy a DVD combi I know a guy who sells pirate DVDs for 2 quid a shot which includes copious amounts of ■■■■ down that way,so you won’t be bored when you stop for the night! :grimacing:

Had a tv out of asda £80 24" DVD built in freeview Bought a 500w invertor that goes in the ■■■ lighter, tv aerial I can’t remember the name but search along the likes of car window aerial it looks like a T piece with copper coiled along the arms plugs into your tv via aerial socket and a USB slot for power it cost me £8 odd including delivery. Not failed me yet!! Aerial was off Amazon. If I could be assed I’d look and find out but I’m supping Stella and cat is laid one lap :wink:

This was the jobby I bought for the laptop
ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-DONGL … 35cc763641

24v is the way to go if you can get one at a sensible price. Generally inverters can intefere with reception and they will sap more battery power. There is some power loss on a 24 to 12v dropper but not as much.

Essentially with an inverter you’re changing the truck’s DC to AC only for it to be more than likely it’s being converted back to DC in the back of the telly itself which is all an unnecessary waste of battery power and increases the chances of reception issues.

I dont get the leccy stuff but for the record my laptop run of a 150w 24v inverter :smiley:

Drift:
I dont get the leccy stuff but for the record my laptop run of a 150w 24v inverter :smiley:

As an example if you knew the voltage of your laptop you could cut out two steps and go straight from a 12v lighter socket to the laptop and cut out the two boxes (inverter and laptop transformer) inbetween. With the right bit of kit.

It’s about time a decent plug and socket for accessories industry standard was introduced as lighter sockets are just crap as electrical connectors really.

See you lost me already, beer doesn’t help :blush:
I have the twin outlets that plug into the 24v (hella?) socket,one for the sat nav the other spare as I have my phone in the 12v on the dash. :smiley:

I just use a 150w invertor with a double plug for tv/phone charger , I have 22" can leave it plugged in all night with no problems yet

taffytrucker:
Size TV depends if and where you gonna mount it or just keep it on spare bunk. As for inverter I use a 1500w that’s big enough for microwave or coffee machine or TV ps3 etc

Can you mount the tv on one of the sides of the cab. If so how do you do it as surely you will go through the sides

I use my ipad.

Park up connect personal hotspot to my phone and job done.

Less hassle than setting a tv up and i’ve got sky, netflix and BT sports.

No need for a invertor.