TV/electronics help?

Evening, so I’ve been driving for about 8 years, recently made the leap into tramping. Looking to get my cab kitted out, however I am an absolute dunce when it comes to electronics…

Basically after advice on smart tvs or laptop/tablet (my phone has unlimited Internet data so I can use hotspot) would I need to get an inverter to charge? If so, what type etc. And does anyone have advice on mounting a tv if i went that route? I’m in a Renault T380, 16 plate.

Truck has fridge, already got my gas stove, stocked up with Tins, bread, milk, water etc. Got my bedding sorted, but obviously there can be alot of down time, and I’d like to have a decent TV set up to watch some wholesome entertainment on!

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Years ago I used drive a flatbed had a TV in there with Freeview box was powered by a standard plug in 300w inverter.
But it was an oldish flat screen non smart with an aerial.

The easiest solution is to buy a 24V TV (i.e. a TV that operates directly from a 24 Volt input).
Simply plug it in, therefore no electrical issues to deal with except making sure you don’t flatten your truck batteries.
A 24V wireless smart TV will be able to connect to your phone hotspot to allow the smart TV apps such as Netflix to be used.

These days there’s no real need for a TV, just use a decent sized tablet which can easily be taken with you etc.

Unless you’re weekending, there’s not that much time to be had in a cab really. Take 11 off, spend 8 asleep, that leaves three to unwind, eat, wash etc. It soon goes.

Additionally if you’re just starting out tramping, dont start off by being a cab hermit. Make sure you get out and go for a wander, park in places where there’s things nearby from time to time and go and look at them, have a proper meal etc etc.

toonsy:
These days there’s no real need for a TV, just use a decent sized tablet which can easily be taken with you etc.

Problem with a tablet is that if you are stuck some place that does not have internet connection you won’t have TV. You can buy a TV reciever for a tablet but they are about £60, although they are cheaper for a laptop and there are laptops with TV recievers built in, or there used to be.

Macski:

toonsy:

Problem with a tablet is that if you are stuck some place that does not have internet connection you won’t have TV. You can buy a TV reciever for a tablet but they are about £60, although they are cheaper for a laptop and there are laptops with TV recievers built in, or there used to be.

I used to get around that by downloading stuff, films etc, onto the tablet.

Cheers for the input everyone! Found a smart TV that looks alright, go na do some proper research this weekend, I like the idea of a tablet just because its abit easier to store away. The cab is a decent size but not alot of storage, and I’m abit OCD for having things put away haha.

Cheers tho chaps, much appreciated