TV/DVD screen on the dash will be fined

I was reading the truck & driver today in in it there is this which i think you may find intresting

A German lorry driver has been caught driving while watching an old war film on DVD via a dash-mounted screen as Me pulled in for a routine check off the A55. Because he had not been seen on the road with his eyes on the film, he was let off with an official warning. But Vosa says that from April, anyone with a TV/DVD screen on the dash will be fined, even if they are not watching it

I see truck drivers doing this all the time, and always foreign-registered trucks.

What on earth is wrong with them?

running 24/7 Harry, they have no time to go to the cinema.

Whenever a truck overtakes me and I see that the numpty Romanian (*) driver is watching a video, I always make eye contact with him and then look at the DVD player as if to say "Welcome to my country. Now get that thing off the dashboard right now.

And they always give me a sheepish look and put a hand up as if to say “Right, I’ve got that now”.

(*) Other nationalities are available.

drew128:

Its not that Drew. Note he’s a German watching an old war film? He probably got here and thought no way did these ■■■■■■■■■ win a war, lets have a look what really happened !!! :smiley:

Harry Monk:
Whenever a truck overtakes me and I see that the numpty Romanian (*) driver is watching a video,

I remember the days when they couldn’t afford them Harry. Halcyon days !! They’d pay a fortune for the Levi jeans you where stood up in :smiley:

Mike-C:

drew128:

Its not that Drew. Note he’s a German watching an old war film? He probably got here and thought no way did these [zb] win a war, lets have a look what really happened !!! :smiley:

…and finds out Churchill is a dog that sells insurance.

Mike-C:

Harry Monk:
Whenever a truck overtakes me and I see that the numpty Romanian (*) driver is watching a video,

I remember the days when they couldn’t afford them Harry. Halcyon days !! They’d pay a fortune for the Levi jeans you where stood up in :smiley:

Ooh, I know Mike! When I first started going to Russia, you could get a shag for an Argos catalogue…

Halcyon days indeed!

The film was “Das Boot”, bloody good film imo.Based on how the British navy caught and sunk U boats. Carbolicky nurses at La Rochelle and all that :laughing: