TV Aerials

We were in Cambridge services last week and spotted this on a truck.

Anyone UK based tried these, and if so where do you get them from?

Dave

What you want? The whole satellite set up or just the mount? Vacuum bracket on eBay: type in “satellite dish truck”. Sat TV is readily available there and elsewhere. Maybe better in the UK getting a cheap data deal and using that or wifi to get media over the net?? If you`re running international then roaming data charges will be a pain, but the Eu is poised to sort that out apparently. But that may not benefit us in light of Brexit?

ebay.co.uk/itm/SATELLITE-DIS … SwKfVXGKjB
Bang a freesat satdish on and away you go

That’s brilliant - thanks a lot :smiley: :smiley:

Dave

davemfox:
We were in Cambridge services last week and spotted this on a truck.

Anyone UK based tried these, and if so where do you get them from?

Dave

What the mirrors? I have tried them, good for looking at things and admiring one’s face but overrated other than that. Plenty of Lorry mirrors on eBay, most hardly used at all so nice and shiny.

I watch sky on my laptop through skygo no aerial required

tango boy:
I watch sky on my laptop through skygo no aerial required

Got to agree with tango. If you’re on UK only, then a decent data deal is great for TV. With a bit of Bluetooth technology I can watch any channel on my tablet and divert the sound through the trucks sound system.

May I suggest that if you don’t have a sky subscription that you can access from a tablet or laptop , then you can use Itv player or BBC on demand service.
However, there is an app called Mobdro. It’s available to download free and gives access to all UK , most of Western Europe channels and even some Australian and middle East TV. Its stable on playback,assuming you have a steady data stream and is probably about 3 minutes behind real time. A great app all round.
I very rarely use my TV /freeview system now that I’ve got data. There are some deals out there to be had. Look at your current mobile contract and ask what extras or “bolt ons” you can have.

Recently was up Scotch between Inverness and Aberdeen. Parked up for the night, got no freeview signal and even the major national radio stations were struggling to get through the terrain. I put the tablet on and had a great nights viewing.
I really think it’s the way forward. You don’t get a blocked signal from other trucks manoeuvring all night. But definitely check out Mobdro.

Hope that helps drive. YU

i got a bigger dish than that…which is needed for a strong signal in europe.i have 3 sky boxes with cards, which allow freesat…and the bracket for fixing to the cab windscreen, or side panel and my £500 tv with built in sattelite…all sitting in the garage…if someone wants to make me a sensible offer.

Would definitely agree with Mobdro. Android is superb, Windows pc only possible with a lot of messing about. Amazon Prime needs reprogramming to make it work.

Aside from Rachel Riley…

There’s nothing on telly worth watching.

Save yer money, buy a macrame kit.

I’ll stick with my openbox V8 (hooky skybox) eBay £30-£40. Signal thru sky dish and minimal Mb’s of data for cardshare via phone tether, it gives me all live sky/BT channels Inc entertainment/movies/sport/■■■■ channels for £5-£10 a year (eBay openbox gift) +phone data.

Hi all,

Im wondering what the best way to mount to a side mirror is?

Has anyone got any ideas (photos would be great) :smiley:

Thank you