TV aerial

Firstly i’ve used the search function on here but still none the wiser.

I’ve got a usb tv stick for the laptop & as i thought the aerial is crap, went out and got a different 1 from maplins and it was worse than the one that came with the usb stick. Took it back and got a different 1 from B&Q same thing so took it back aswell. Don’t want to waste any money on crap one’s so can anyone recommend a good reliable 1 preferably magnetic mount. I know it really depends on the areas, the only one that i’ve seen that the bloke recommended was maxview omnimax and it was about £88 :open_mouth:

PG, remember as you go through life these wise words : You only get what you pay for, and they have served me well with whatever i have bought.
You could also try, and look at the cost, of the small round one that people put on top of caravans or motorhomes, i had one on my motorhome, and after trying others, decided to copy, brilliant. You could also buy a magnet, otherwise its a permanent fixture, which is ok if you keep the same truck.

truckyboy:
PG, remember as you go through life these wise words : You only get what you pay for, and they have served me well with whatever i have bought.
You could also try, and look at the cost, of the small round one that people put on top of caravans or motorhomes, i had one on my motorhome, and after trying others, decided to copy, brilliant. You could also buy a magnet, otherwise its a permanent fixture, which is ok if you keep the same truck.

True. I don’t mind paying the money so much, just getting fed up with having to take them back. I did think about the round one’s and fitting a magnet to it, as like you say a lot of caravans and motorhomes have them. May just have to take another punt on one.

Ensure that the aerial is mounted on a large section of the body or it won’t work.
I have a Snooper with built in TV and use the (very small) aerial supplied. I feed the wire through the window and stick it on the outside of the door. Works great !

rhudson:
Ensure that the aerial is mounted on a large section of the body or it won’t work.
I have a Snooper with built in TV and use the (very small) aerial supplied. I feed the wire through the window and stick it on the outside of the door. Works great !

I tried that but it doesn’t have a magnet so will try and get one on it tomorrow. Would a booster or amplifier make any difference as like you said it is a tiny aerial, when i got it out the box i thought ■■■■ me they’ve left a bit out. :smiley: