Tv aerial

Need to get a new tv aerial for the lorry as mine as given up and just wondered if anyone could recommend a good one

i have AVTEX had it a couple of years was around £30 ish (12v) but its been ok

Ominmax I think they r called got 1 on my truck with a mag mount 99% get a picture all the time

These are quite common with guys here.
ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.50225357 … 0&pid=15.1
In my previous truck I used one and it was very good, you can get the extendable ‘V’ rabbit ers that clip on the window when you park up, they are quite cheap.
My present truck has on built in to the cab somewhere.

I use a Necvox ANT 536 magmount, however the price seems to have gone up since I bought mine :open_mouth: .

If you can get a reception this is the dogs danglies, only place it’s let me down is at Abington services, but I don’t even think you get a mobile signal in there.

i’ve had magmount aerials, caravan aerials, and all sorts of false promise aerials.
The best thing i did was go to argos and buy a bog standard tv aerial. just used U bolts to secure it to the roof spoiler brackets behind the cab. about £8.99

I have a status image caravan aerial on a pole at the back of the cab…downside is you have to put the pole up and down and aim aerial in right direction …always have a signal tho

Pat Hasler:
In my previous truck I used one and it was very good, you can get the extendable ‘V’ rabbit ers that clip on the window when you park up, they are quite cheap.

Same aerial i have 24volt absolutely spot on great aerial comes with suction cup mount and a bracket mount

JJ192:

Pat Hasler:

Same aerial i have 24volt absolutely spot on great aerial comes with suction cup mount and a bracket mount

Looks the same as one I bought from maplins, not used it much but seems OK, just sucker it to inside of window, there was a exterior mount in the box.

I have been trying other options, TV through WiFi, Netflix seems good, I also subscribe to a satelite company at home with 4 boxes, one of which is hardly used unless we have staying guests, a satelite service guy sugested I buy a dish and take the un-used box in my truck… This is tempting but the thought of having to line the dish up each time I parked and set in place would soon wear off.

If you get an externally mounted ariel, how do you route the cable into the cab and where do you normally store it?

Thinking of this option my self in honesty. As was going to buy the Elgato kit for my macbook, but i wold prefer a TV/DVD combi with an external aerial.

Pat Hasler:
I have been trying other options, TV through WiFi, Netflix seems good, I also subscribe to a satelite company at home with 4 boxes, one of which is hardly used unless we have staying guests, a satelite service guy sugested I buy a dish and take the un-used box in my truck… This is tempting but the thought of having to line the dish up each time I parked and set in place would soon wear off.

The first few times will drive you nuts but after a few goes you will get it sussed and have it done in a couple of minutes. There are some smart phone apps that will help you find the satellite you are looking for astra 2 if you are using the service I think you are.

Very strong winds and snow are the only things that will have a detrimental affect on signal.