Tv aerial for the truck

hi all, looking to get a tv aerial for the truck,anyone have any thoughts on what works well with dtv and dab radio, as theres so many to choose from, I don’t want to end up buying a few before I find one that works,i will be using a laptop with a tv usb stick, thanks tadg

Am I searching for a decent aerial myself.i bought an avtex3000, all the reviews gave good reports.wish I hadn’t bothered .what a load of crap.ive had it nearly 3 months and only picked up channels once.
Lad in our place uses a normal household aerial that u see on people’s chimneys and he swears by it.
Seen them on Amazon for £8 then just put it in a pole in your mirror arm for the night.

hi go to a maplins ask for length cable with connectors fitted and small freeview aeriel about ten dypole for a house it works gr8 anywhere :smiley:

maplin.co.uk/p/nikkai-dvb-t- … riel-a30gy

I get a picture anywhere with this. :sunglasses:

thanks for the reply, I think il give it a try,im sure I have a dtv aerial in the garage,cheers tadg

stevejones:
hi go to a maplins ask for length cable with connectors fitted and small freeview aeriel about ten dypole for a house it works gr8 anywhere :smiley:

Have a look in 99p/£1 stores they have white 5 metre long TV antenna cables, and adapt that to the aerial.
iirc the last couple of these cables I bought came in blue packet from Poundworld I used em to run from a wall socket to the TV at home

hi all, just to update, I got the house tv aerial from the garage and have tested it in the garden on a foot long pole pused in the ground,and can confirm it works well,so if it works there it should work well on the truck,the real test will be Monday night when I park up,thanks for the help and input,cheers tadg

If you’re going to use this aerial, and have a smartphone, there is a handy little app for aerial location, which tells you which direction the best transmitter is, and has a compass, so you can stick the aerial up in the right direction and polarisation. Called aerial locator or something similar, its a freebie