Turning the clock back on your tacho while driving

Hi everyone,

I will be driving next sunday morning when the clocks go back to gmt, this has probably been asked many many times before and for that im sorry, but do i need to do anything do i need to pull over and adjust the time on digi? do i need todo printouts etc for that ‘missing’ hour of driving? as dont want a ministry man asking me why i didnt do so and so here you go sonny a fat jucy fpn :frowning:, or do i just carry on as normal,

thanks
gregz.

You don’t change the time on a digi, it records in UTC (Universal Time Coordinate), which is as near as it matters the same as GMT, all year round so just crack on. You can change the displayed time to local time if you wish but it isn’t a legal requirement.

If anyone is driving a non didgi vehicle at the time the clocks change you just leave things as they are and wait until the end of the shift, or start of the next one to change the clock. If you changed it during the shift you would overwrite the previous hour as the clocks are going back on Sunday.

Coffeeholic:
You don’t change the time on a digi, it records in UTC (Universal Time Coordinate), which is as near as it matters the same as GMT, all year round so just crack on. You can change the displayed time to local time if you wish but it isn’t a legal requirement.

thankyou, just carry on as normal.

groovy greg:
Hi everyone,

I will be driving next sunday morning when the clocks go back to gmt, this has probably been asked many many times before and for that im sorry, but do i need to do anything do i need to pull over and adjust the time on digi? do i need todo printouts etc for that ‘missing’ hour of driving? as dont want a ministry man asking me why i didnt do so and so here you go sonny a fat jucy fpn :frowning:, or do i just carry on as normal,

thanks
gregz.

Two things here, the driver cannot alter the time on a tachograph more than one minute per week anyway, but the main thing about the digital unit is that it always runs on UTC, Winter or Summer, Spring or Autumn.

UTC means Coordinated Universal Time which is the same as GMT

So yes you just carry on as normal.

You can adjust the local time so that the display shows the time, but the digital printout and data will always be in UTC