Turning circles for rigids

as the title says
are these governed by any regs
also now we have tri axle buses do any of these have rear steer

hitch:
are these governed by any regs

Certainly wasn’t when Merc built the SK cabbed 1820!

all goods vehicles defined as heavy motor cars (see definitions page) first used after 31 May 1998 must be able to turn within concentric circles with radii of 12.5 metres and 5.3 metres.

The following vehicles are exempt;

any vehicle with an overall length not over 15.5 metres and first used before 31 May 1998
a low loader - defined as a semi-trailer normally used to carry engineering equipment and constructed so that the major part of the load platform does not extend over or between the wheels and the upper surface is below the top of the tyres
a vehicle constructed and normally used for exceptionally long indivisible loads
a vehicle having four or more axles where the distance between the foremost and rearmost axles exceeds 6.4 metres

Vehicles first used from 1 June 1998 which are fitted with a lift axle must now meet the turning circle requirements both with and without all the wheels in contact with the ground.

i know about chinese 6’s

merc rigids are terrible. been caught out in london doing one coming off artic. very emmbarassing.

i know the renault i drive won’t sping round in one using 3 lanes and the hard shoulder on the m4

ha ha good mate. yep they are ■■■■■■

DADDY LONGLEGS:
merc rigids are terrible. been caught out in london doing one coming off artic. very emmbarassing.

I found the turning circle ok on the Axor I used to have.
Worst by a long way are MANs…milk turns quicker than an MAN rigid.

The turning circle is fine on MAN’s, its just that the steering is so low geared, you cant twirl the wheel quick enough!