Turners

Anyone had any experience of working for turners in containers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which yard ■■

Which turners?

Are you fluent in EE, incase you want to chat to your colleagues [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

joe royal:
Which turners?

Who knew that both in same village

They’re everything that’s wrong with haulage. Horrible, faceless company. Extremely “them and us” attitude by the management. They treat drivers like they are the scum of the earth. You will dread Monday morning coming every week. Believe me. Every working hour will be spent feeling miserable, downtrodden, and insignificant.

They tend to buy other haulage firms, and then spend the next couple of years “Turnerising” it. By that, I mean painting their wagons, and stripping all the goodness and decency out of the company. Replacing it with the demeaning and demoralising culture they know best. It just tends to be Eastern European drones who work for them.

Pay will be close to minimum wage (it was below it at a point, but “productivity bonuses” pushed it up to just above). A Turners classic was starting their trampers at 5am on a Monday, then start you an hour or so later every day. Then they’d want you do a 15 hour day on Friday, and still be driving around at 11pm on a Friday night. Back in at 5am on Monday, of course. They’ll lie, cheat, deceive and threaten to make you do as you’re told.

If you have an ounce of self-respect, avoid like the plague. It’s only the ADR lot who seem to be happy.

Rottweiler22:
They’re everything that’s wrong with haulage. Horrible, faceless company. Extremely “them and us” attitude by the management. They treat drivers like they are the scum of the earth. You will dread Monday morning coming every week. Believe me. Every working hour will be spent feeling miserable, downtrodden, and insignificant.

They tend to buy other haulage firms, and then spend the next couple of years “Turnerising” it. By that, I mean painting their wagons, and stripping all the goodness and decency out of the company. Replacing it with the demeaning and demoralising culture they know best. It just tends to be Eastern European drones who work for them.

Pay will be close to minimum wage (it was below it at a point, but “productivity bonuses” pushed it up to just above). A Turners classic was starting their trampers at 5am on a Monday, then start you an hour or so later every day. Then they’d want you do a 15 hour day on Friday, and still be driving around at 11pm on a Friday night. Back in at 5am on Monday, of course. They’ll lie, cheat, deceive and threaten to make you do as you’re told.

If you have an ounce of self-respect, avoid like the plague. It’s only the ADR lot who seem to be happy.

Stop beating about the bush and tell us what you really think!

. x2

The inside knowledge from one of our contributers is that drivers from that division have very little work, so are therefore being reallocated to areas of the company which are busy at the moment.

So it looks like a good time to be thinking about jumping ship then?

cav551:
The inside knowledge from one of our contributers is that drivers from that division have very little work, so are therefore being reallocated to areas of the company which are busy at the moment.

So it looks like a good time to be thinking about jumping ship then?

I’m guessing the containers, powder tankers and general haulage will be quiet, so the only work will be filling the gaps on the fridges for Newmarket and Spalding. I can’t see the former three divisions recruiting any time soon, so an assumption is they’ll try and put people onto the fridges. Mainly farm collections to Sainsburys RDCs. Not a bad job, and it’s easy work. But, the company take the shine off it.

Some of the divisions were once independent companies, which Turners bought out. So some of them still have their own mentality and culture. The rest, Turners have sucked the life out of. Hence why the ADR lot seem happy. They haven’t been reprogrammed. Yet…

Rottweiler22:

A Turners driver I spoke to just a couple of weeks ago in Manchester, said that the ADR men get the princely sum of £8 a week for doing hazardous work.

I nearly fell over, I really hope thats ■■■■■■■■ because it’s appalling.

Compared to Maritime who pay £10 a job which adds up nicely…

rob22888:

Rottweiler22:

A Turners driver I spoke to just a couple of weeks ago in Manchester, said that the ADR men get the princely sum of £8 a week for doing hazardous work.

In 2016 they paid £7.08 p/h basic. Minimum wage was £7.20 p/h. But with the load and tip bonuses, as well as a mileage bonus and £5 per day fuel efficiency bonus, it rounded out somewhere between £8 and £9 per hour. Complete and utter swizz.

I don’t know how they can afford to pay the NLW £8.72 p/h, I’m surprised it hasn’t bankrupted them. They’ve probably just stopped all bonuses and now it’s a straight hourly rate.

Rottweiler22:

rob22888:

Rottweiler22:

In 2016 they paid £7.08 p/h basic. Minimum wage was £7.20 p/h. But with the load and tip bonuses, as well as a mileage bonus and £5 per day fuel efficiency bonus, it rounded out somewhere between £8 and £9 per hour. Complete and utter swizz.

I don’t know how they can afford to pay the NLW £8.72 p/h, I’m surprised it hasn’t bankrupted them. They’ve probably just stopped all bonuses and now it’s a straight hourly rate.

When converted to euro, or zloti, it’s mega money-ski.

They are worse than Stobbies. They normally stay out of the news because they buy up companies and keep their names. Jack Richards, McIntyre and Goldstar. They dont have a good reputation management wise