Turners of Soham.

Are these people good people to drive for?

C-Key is the best man to ask as he works for them

If you can speak polish i am sure you would fit in well :wink:

funnily enough, i am just filling out a application form for turners,

would like to know about them too

we do a fair bit of work for them, they dont seem too bad. Though I did hear the other day that they are on pretty low wages, but I stand to be corrected on that

TruckerMart:
we do a fair bit of work for them, they dont seem too bad. Though I did hear the other day that they are on pretty low wages, but I stand to be corrected on that

FRom what i have heard they dont pay well but they give new drivers a crack

Was speaking to an Ex Turners last year and he said he was only paid when the tacho was in and some days he was kept waiting in the canteen for a few hours unpaid waiting for a run.

mickyblue:
C-Key is the best man to ask as he works for them

Send c kay a pm he works for the milk collections side of things

TruckerMart:
If you can speak polish i am sure you would fit in well :wink:

Turnerski in sohamski :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

msgyorkie:
Was speaking to an Ex Turners last year and he said he was only paid when the tacho was in and some days he was kept waiting in the canteen for a few hours unpaid waiting for a run.

Doesn’t your duty start have to be on the tacho card?
If you make yourself available to work for an employer at 6am, you are on duty at 6am and should be paid for it.

Got a mate there working out of Ellesmere Port on ADR, he’s out 4 nights a week and happy with that, he said its right enough but is only using it as a stepping stone.

A lot of it depends which contract your on, they are into just about everything from Fridges to fuel tankers. Know most of the powder tank men ain`t got a good word to say about them.

I have no complaints at all. I’m perfectly happy working for them. Being on the milk side, i dont run on EU rules, i dont do nights out or have any involvment with any drivers on different contracts, so i cant comment on those i’m afraid.

I dont really have a bad word to say about them, my experience so far has been good, they took me on with no experience when no-one else would, they’ve been good when i’ve made mistakes, praised me when i’m doing well etc. but i am a new driver, it’s all i’ve ever known, so i have nothing to compare them with.

My dad does agency work for them occasionally, he’s been driving for over 30 years and he seems happy enough when he does.

There’s no Poles at our depot either :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anyone know if they have a depot in the midlands? if so where?

msgyorkie:

How have drivers ended up in a position where bosses can do this and drivers accept it :unamused:

We seem to have a reputation as push overs.

One of them nearly squeezed me into a barrier on the 25 yesterday morning…apparently his lane wasn’t enough!

I did ask him for a coffee after… :laughing:

Rat

Terry T:

msgyorkie:

How have drivers ended up in a position where bosses can do this and drivers accept it :roll:

We seem to have a reputation as push overs.

because lorry drivers are world champions at shooting themselves in the foot .

pay rates of £7 p/h …is this a joke ? local chip shop pays £6.80 p/h .

i will never understand drivers who run bent , speed limiters disconnected etc … running about for just above the minimum wage .

own worst enemies !

Other industries have similar problems. I’m an engineer and won’t get out of bed for less than £10 per hour yet there are companies who demand X years of experience and want to pay £6 per hour. I don’t know how they get skilled guys to work for that but they must do. Thankfully though there are plenty of decent paying jobs in the sector. And of course, I’m never asked to work through breaks to get orders out. Engineers wouldn’t stand for that so why do truckers ?

We need to turn the tide somehow ■■?