Turners Fuel Contract

Afternoon anyone have any info on the above usual stuff please thanks fellas

What contract? They have many, I am working on BWOC contract at the moment, been here almost 3 years still enjoy it. Will enjoy it more when I get my 65 plate sept:):slight_smile: first new truck;)

Anyway

Get your work through via email night before, start whenever you want, finish whenever you want (providing the work gets done) drag it out or hurry, your choice (hourly pay why rush) Night out wherever and whenever you want, if you don’t want nights out say and you won’t get them. Not pushed at all, tell the office no and it means no. Average 10-11 hours, more if you ask. No weekends EVER!!

Rates

10.25ph up to 40h
12.75ph OT (paid after 8 hours a day)
Guaranteed 40 per week, sometimes you won’t come in for half the week but still get 40
5 meal and 25 night out allowance
Sat and Sunday min 1.5 hours worked = guaranteed 6 hours paid
Sat rate is all OT and Sun is 13.75
(You won’t do many weekends)

The pay is across the board for all fuel contracts, my only problem I had with the job is tramping in a low cab CF, which they have sorted for me giving me high roofed CF with. A new one in a few weeks. Sorted it out right after I spoke to my TM with my concerns. I did try Inver contract for a few weeks, kind of try and get back to days, didn’t enjoy it as much so went to BWOC again. People knock turners and they don’t pay the best, but i think it’s reasonable seeing as the work is really easy, and you will speak to office staff one a week if your unlucky. I love it myself, had a chance to go with sainsbury avonmouth, turned it down.

Don’t get me wrong, there are ■■■■ days, very busy etc. and I have looked around elsewhere to see what’s available but since they sorted me a high cab I’m happy. They give newbies a go too!!!

Well worth doing.

So, That’s a full 50p per hour more over last years rates, hurray, where do I sign…?

“my only problem I had with the job is tramping in a low cab CF, which they have sorted for me giving me high roofed CF with”

You are easy to please, mate, bet Turners are pleased having you on board as well, lol.

I enquired last year, and after hearing a very eager man on the other end of the line, willing to hire me right on the spot, and after hearing rates of pay they were offering, I quickly hanged up the phone, hoping he didn’t have enough time to take down my phone number. ( and I have no experience delivering fuels)

So, what were the rates of pay at Sainsbury’s, that made you go back to Turners?

Job suits me fine, 16ph, but nights and weekends. No thanks. Don’t like the rates? Go elsewhere. Suits me fine I’m happy, as I said my only gripe with the job was the low cab, which they sorted. Not worried about anything else. It’s about working conditions as well as pay. Each to their own, just because you won’t get out of bed for that money.