Turners buy Goldstar

Just announced, Turners of Poland have bought out Goldstar.

Must be knocking on for Maritimes size in containers now.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

^ I read that as 'Turners of Poundland '… :grimacing:

says nothing on either web site

Been a while since Goldstar bought any new trucks and you don’t see them in any kind of numbers like you used to.

bjd:
says nothing on either web site

They sent texts out at 5pm today

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cosmic:
Been a while since Goldstar bought any new trucks and you don’t see them in any kind of numbers like you used to.

Apparently desperate for drivers around my parts, I can’t imagine why from what I’ve heard about them! :open_mouth:

so they now own macintyre and goldstar,all three of them put together is one massive contained haulier.
Wonder if they will merge as all 3 have vehicles based at different locations up in Yorkshire

Evil8Beezle:

Cosmic:

Apparently desperate for drivers around my parts, I can’t imagine why from what I’ve heard about them! :open_mouth:

Yeah there doing quite a bit of advertising for drivers recently, as are maritime. Advertising all shifts, Guess people aren’t in a rush to get in there

Was tempted to go to Goldstar when I first got my license. Speaking to a driver not long ago, I asked him what it’s like working for them his reply

“Max hours for just a £7.40 ph”

No thanks

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

How come turnips and brownstar pay crap and limit there trucks to 52mph■■? Surely they wud be able to do 59+

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bubsy06:
How come turnips and brownstar pay crap and limit there trucks to 52mph■■? Surely they wud be able to do 59+

Crap companies are crap companies

I was speaking to a Goldstar driver on Wednesday. Cab hopping is usual for the first 6 or 8 months for trampers. He was struggling to get 3 nights out. Subbies getting all of the distance work. Pulling the trampers back to base to use the unit for a night shift is pretty normal now he said.

sinclair89:

bubsy06:

Surely a crap company wud have there limiter set into the 60mph zone

bubsy06:

sinclair89:

bubsy06:

Surely a crap company wud have there limiter set into the 60mph zone

Save money having them set at a lower speed? It’s penny pinching essentially

the nodding donkey:
^ I read that as 'Turners of Poundland '… :grimacing:

LOL I think either way probably works.

Kerragy:
I was speaking to a Goldstar driver on Wednesday. Cab hopping is usual for the first 6 or 8 months for trampers. He was struggling to get 3 nights out. Subbies getting all of the distance work. Pulling the trampers back to base to use the unit for a night shift is pretty normal now he said.

Sounds like Maritime. Was speaking to a Maritime driver a little while ago, they are thinking of knocking tramping on the head down at Felixstowe, Too many wagons, cheaper for the company to run a container up during the night and have another driver from another depot swap it.

Local work is more profitable. 2 or three locals a day while some subbie punches up the road at 1.20 a mile.

Goldstar are a big operator,group turnover 90m, I wonder if the failure of the Hanjin shipping line has had an effect.

Radar19:

Kerragy:

Sounds like Maritime. Was speaking to a Maritime driver a little while ago, they are thinking of knocking tramping on the head down at Felixstowe, Too many wagons, cheaper for the company to run a container up during the night and have another driver from another depot swap it.

Either that, or put the container on the train. Maritime have two of their own railports & then have depots strategically placed right on the doorstep of Freightliner terminals etc. As a result, unless a container has to get from port-customer or vice versa quickly, there is little need for long distance journeys by road & thus trampers.

Much more money in doing local work & utilising the trucks day & night.