Turn on your right indicator once and say hello!

Does anyone do this anymore ?.I know you can’t do it on Motorways but over here where Motorways are as scarce as wealthy truck drivers it is possible to do it and be seen.Obviously you’re not going to do it on a busy road with lots of trucks but when you’re on a lonely road at 4 in the morning and you meet another truck it’s a nice thing to flash the right indicator once to say hello.It’s even nicer if you get a reply.But I don’t often get a reply these days so I don’t often bother anymore.Do any of you guys do it ?

Can’t say I do, or everhave had it done to me.

But I always flash and give a thumbs down if there’s a camera van about - even in the car.

But as of tonight I’m going to start giving a flash of the right indicator.

Come on everyone, lets put a bit of camaraderie back into the job!

Would have a short chat on the CB with a fellow country-man at times :wink:

V8KARLV8:
Would have a short chat on the CB with a fellow country-man at times :wink:

It would be short too, unless you have good “boots” and “twig” :laughing: .

All sounds a bit to me :wink: :open_mouth: :astonished: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

SimonRS2K:
All sounds a bit to me :wink: :open_mouth: :astonished: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It would be easier to flash your blue cab lights :smiley:

I prefer to be anti -social :stuck_out_tongue:

All sounds a bit to me

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve done this for years but only when i see someone I know

never heard of the right indicator being a ‘hello’ but now i know i will be doin it. Has anyone else noticed that when you are north of Watford and you flash another truck in they dont bother sayin thanks with the indicators? but south of watford the amber flashy things are working overtime to acknowledge that litttle helpful invite to re-enter tne lane?

pauly:
never heard of the right indicator being a ‘hello’ but now i know i will be doin it. Has anyone else noticed that when you are north of Watford and you flash another truck in they dont bother sayin thanks with the indicators? but south of watford the amber flashy things are working overtime to acknowledge that litttle helpful invite to re-enter tne lane?

Have to say I find that it’s the other way round meself :confused: .

Agree with Rob K on that one :wink:

penfold:
Agree with Rob K on that one :wink:

Watch out for a series of accidents on motorways now where a driver is indicating to say hello and the driver behind thinks the truck in front is pulling out on him…i think its a dangerous practice and a wrongful use of the indicators…maybe the law will think so too…

When i overtake…and when i get flashed…i only say thank you…when i am safely back in my lane…i always flash somebody in…and find the 7.5 tonners are the least likely to say thank you…it seems that artic drivers always have their eye on the nearside mirror when overtaking…and there are only 1 or 2 that dont acknowledge a flash…

If i see someone i know going in the opposite direction…a quick flash of the headlights is enough to make him/her notice…although its only when i recognise a truck…for i find it difficult to recognise a driver so far away.

I wonder when we stopped using the switching on/off of our side lights as a recognition…and changed over to the flashing off an indicator…i think it was late 60`s…and we copied the foreign way of doing it…

when I use to work nights ,and when roads were quite ,would “say hello” to people I knew or who I was chatting on CB going the other way,sometimes you would see someone you hadnt seen for a while and if one or both didnyt have CB it was nice to know they had seen you in the dark!