Turkish truck M6 Near Kendall

Did any of you stop to see if he needed help as he had a trailer tyre blow out heading north in an Ekol Volvo,he lives in Antayla and offered to make me some Turkish tea but had to decline as that would have transpired in to breakfast lunch and dinner from.his kind offer which can be taken as offensive to refuse in.their culture.

toby1234abc:
Did any of you stop to see if he needed help as he had a trailer tyre blow out heading north in an Ekol Volvo,he lives in Antayla and offered to make me some Turkish tea but had to decline as that would have transpired in to breakfast lunch and dinner from.his kind offer which can be taken as offensive to refuse in.their culture.

i would hazard a guess, :open_mouth: that not one super duper trucker from this wonderful island of ours :unamused: would know how to pull up an offer ANY assistance! :imp: that all stopped in the eighties! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

It took half a minute to see if he was ok and had enough food or water as he had been there half the night.If an English driver was stranded in Turkey he would end up staying the night at a drivers house or get many drivers pulling up to help him out.The Uk has now zero camaradery.Every man for himself i am allright jack attitude.Sat in your cafes wearing a hi viz jacket.And flashing in over taking car drivers.

Still in that land of make believe Toby?

Ive sat on the Turkish border with a colleuge and he had a puncture on his middle trailer axle (outer tyre, low ride mega trailer) and of all the Turks Bulgarians etc sat there, none of them offered to help. We had a bit of a problem trying to split the rims and no help. Not a problem as there were 2 of us, and we ended up banging the new wheel against the old which did the job. Just saying Toby, it didnt bother us we got no help, but theyre not all as you make them out to be.
Then againi have had offers from them (see pic) of cups of tea etc from their trailer boxes whilst in long ques for borders, so ive seen them from both sides

On the thread about the Dutch truck with Spanish trailer you have put a photo of the firms truck that looks like the coast road from Motril to Almeria by Calahonda or deep bay in English.

toby1234abc:
It took half a minute to see if he was ok and had enough food or water as he had been there half the night.If an English driver was stranded in Turkey he would end up staying the night at a drivers house or get many drivers pulling up to help him out.The Uk has now zero camaradery.Every man for himself i am allright jack attitude.Sat in your cafes wearing a hi viz jacket.And flashing in over taking car drivers.

ive changed a tyre on the trailer twice, once on a services in Holland and once over here at Corley services, both cases lorry park was full of drivers from various countries, all watching me and not one offered a hand. as for im alright jack attitude, speak for your self softlad. I have and will continue to stop if I can…doesn’t take much just to see if a driver is ok.

Not a chance of anyone stopping guy won’t even when they are parked next to you. Changed a tyre in Lidl Belvedre couldn’t crack the last nut so asked a driver From Browns of Spalding if he would help “No sorry mate just finished my 45 I’m off now” altho he had sat watching me for his 45 thought never crossed his mind to offer to help. I know that stobarts get a bad press on here but one of their drivers came over and gave me a hand to get the wheel change done so they are not all bad and there were plenty who walked past and didn’t ask if I needed a hand so to Browns of Spalding if any of you ever need a hand don’t bother to ask because the answer will end in off

Some good, some bad in all, same, same.

Fatboy slimslow:

toby1234abc:

i would hazard a guess, :open_mouth: that not one super duper trucker from this wonderful island of ours :unamused: would know how to pull up an offer ANY assistance! :imp: that all stopped in the eighties! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Most of them wouldnt know how to change a bulb, let alone help change a tyre!

The Turk had used fire extinguishers on the axle.I have seen stickers on Uk cabs that forbid drivers to use jump leads if get a flat battery and are told to ring in for instructions.

toby1234abc:
The Turk had used fire extinguishers on the axle.I have seen stickers on Uk cabs that forbid drivers to use jump leads if get a flat battery and are told to ring in for instructions.

That’s probably because you can wreck an ECU by using jump leads!