Turkey

I’ve been asked if I want to do a run to turkey by my company, because it’s not in the EU I need a visa to enter.

Have any of you guys done turkey or know how to go about obtaining the visa.

I will do some research myself but someone with first hand experience of the country is always best.

Thanks in advance
Stu

You can either apply to the embassy in London, or you can get it on the border for approx. £10

United Kingdom: Ordinary and official passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. Ordinary passport holders can obtain three month-multiple entry visas at the Turkish border Gates.

“British National Overseas ( BNO )” or “British Protected Persons ( BPP )” passport holders are NOT issued visas on the Turkish border Gates They must apply to the Turkish representations abroad in order to get visa.

Hong Kong citizens holding BNO passport can still obtain visa on the border gates .

$20 - €15 - £10 for Three Months.

A single trip tourist visa was quite sufficient when I was going, things may have changed, but the answer will be posted soon.

turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/visa.asp

Turkey.JPG

Visa regime for truck drivers of a country may differ from the overall visa regime effective for citizens of that particular country.

When I went last year I got mine from the border.

GBPub:
You can either apply to the embassy in London, or you can get it on the border for approx. £10

If you are driving a truck you must get your visa from the Turkish Consulate in London, buying a visa on the border is for tourists only.

Dave.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57292&p=817880&hilit=+ray+white+turkey#p817880

This chap may be able to help you :wink:

davemackie:

GBPub:

If you are driving a truck you must get your visa from the Turkish Consulate in London, buying a visa on the border is for tourists only.

Dave.

our drivers who have been have not needed to go to such lengths, they just turn up at the border and do it on the spot.
what if you were tipping in greece and then went to turkey to load? would you have to go via the turkish consulate first?

davemackie:

GBPub:

Dave.

Well I got mine on the border without any problems and so did others I know.

when i went in 2009 TransAm sorted it for me, i gave them my passport, they sent it to the Turkish Embassy, it came back a week or 2 later with the stamp,

kindle530:
when i went in 2009 TransAm sorted it for me, i gave them my passport, they sent it to the Turkish Embassy, it came back a week or 2 later with the stamp,

It is a long way to go to find out that Dave is right and the rest are wrong. I always got mine on the border, that was then, this is now.

I do remember my mate Rodney got to Furth im Wald once and they couldn’t do a CZ Visa, and he had to drive back to Bonn.

best safe than sorry, and take a trip to London then!

Follow this link for update on Visa fee’s for Turkey.

turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/visa/fees.asp

More details on how to obtain a Drivers Visa.

turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/v … geID=12#12

Arrive at Kapikule without the proper visa, you will be turned back, it used to be possible to get one at Plovdiv, Bulgaria.?

Arrive at Ipsala, and you are refused entry it maybe possible to get one at Komitini, Greece.?

I would not want to chance this, rules change, & sometimes they will issue a visa other times they will insist that you must obtain the visa from your country of residence.

Be safe not sorry, CHECK.

Dave.

My ex-boss sent a truck to Istanbul a few months ago and advice he received was that the visa had to be obtained at the consulate and that it wasn’t available on the border.

iirc, used to get them in Komotini on the way through. I had a problem at Ipsala,was stuck there for a week I think, was quite a line up, 3 of Ralphs and a Russanglia, was glad I wasn`t stuck there as long as them though :confused: and had to go back to komitini to get another,was a long while ago.
Used to be in a block of flats in Komitini, $20 us on the receipt but actually cost $30. Free enterprise I suppose.
Greek/Turkish border is not the most co-operative border to be stuck on.