Turkey

Believe me it wasn’t cheap. We booked last August - £2500 all inclusive for four of us for seven nights.
I like to put things in perspective - there is more chance of us dying in a car accident on the way to the airport or come to think of it more chance of me dying on my way to or at work tomorrow. What’s going on around the world can happen anywhere at anytime, just look at France and all the nutters in America with guns.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Have a good time, I can recommend the two day coach trip with an overnight stop to see the salt mines at Palmuke and the Roman city of Ephesus.
Modern coach with experienced multi lingual tour guides.
All meals included but if full board at your resort hotel, they give you a doggy bag due to missing breakfast on the early morning pick up.

Cheers, we will!
Sounds like a good trip, I think that might be where my parents went when they went to Turkey a few years ago. We have two kids, 6 & 12 so that trip will be a no no. We are staying at the Wow Topkapi Palace in Antalya - right on the beach with its own waterpark. We chose it due to the children (and me cos I’m a big kid), so will probably spend most of our time on the resort. We are hoping to maybe go on some sort of boat trip though.

Well we got back from Turkey on Tuesday safe and sound with all our limbs intact and without being radicalised!
Flights were fully booked and hotel was very busy, so had to get up at the crack of dawn to get a sun bed in a decent location by the kids pool. Seemed like everyone was putting their towels out the night before! So that’s what we ended up doing.
Weather was bloody hot 40°c every day with a sea temperature of 30°c! Even the pool was like a bath. The only escape from the heat was the lazy river which was lovely and cool. We all had a great time, kids really enjoyed it. We did one trip out on a power boat to some waterfalls and caves which was great.
There was no sign of any unrest and everyone was just going about their business as usual. There was even a very loud firework display one evening at a neighbouring hotel, and when the bangs started no one batted an eyelid.
Would definitely go back again.

The only mishap we did have was on our first full day when my 12 year old step son decided to ■■■■ about on a closed water slide and fell over and cut his chin open. We took him to the doctor on site who said he needed to go to hospital for stiches. They only bloody blue lighted us to hospital in an ambulance! The staff at the hospital were great and they stiched him up and transported us back to our hotel. The only thing is it cost us about £550!
£550 for three bloody stiches!
Been in touch with the insurance company, so just got to wait for the forms to arrive, fill them out and hopefully get around half of it back (£225 excess).