Turk Visa

Turkey is changing its visa system at the border for tourists, where you used to be able to get one on the border, from April 2014 that will stop, and everyone wanting to go to Turkey, will have to apply online for an E visa. and that includes everyone.

Now whilst on the subject, as a commercial driver, and the fact i havnt been there for a very long time, whats the system nowdays. We used to run on 2 passports, and a visa was collected on our behalf at the Embassy in London, so on our return we would just exchange passports with the boss.
So if any HGV driver has been there recently, please let me know what happens nowdays.
Thanks

evisa.gov.tr/en/info/what-is-e-visa/

For a truck driver’s visa you’ve still got to make an appointment with the embassy in London. However, trying to get an appointment is a complete nightmare :frowning:
I was scheduled to go last year on a corporate job but it fell through which, although very disappointing at the time, actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I’d have been due to to tip in Taksim Square in Istanbul when the riots broke out :open_mouth: :laughing:

Talking of riots.The tour guide in Cairo told me the tours carried on as normal when the riots were kicking off.
He said the rioters had no beef with tourists.Buildings were being set alight.
But the museums stayed open as normal.On the River Nile,the cruise industry has been decimated.About 12 large ships all parked in a row slowly rotting away.Job losses.
Some tour firms use the ships for overnight stays to help them out.At one time all the ships would be in use all year.