tupe

i currently work for the city council as a driver and clearing out vacant properties, in a couple of months time we are becoming a housing association and being tuped across there have been meetings but if you ask them any questions as to whether your pay,leave ect will remain the same they wont answer the question with a straight answer so basically if anybody on here has been tuped over could they tell me what the outcome was.

As far as i know they can’t change any of your conditions without giving three months notice.

You can kiss your job & finish goodbye for a start :cry: .

There is no set time limit on when the new employer can change your T&C’s afaik. The “90 day notice” comes from the requirement of the employer to give notice to a union that the transfer will take place i.e. to give a date of when you will become an employee of the new company.

However your conditions are protected at point of transfer, and cannot be changed iwithout agreement. But if you move to a new position within the company after transfer you would take the “new” conditions.

Do you have a union that represents you? If so, they should be heavily involved in negotiations before and after transfer.

You will probably be expected to apply for your own job.

Ive been through TUPE recently when we got transfered to a multi national. You have nothing to worry about really as our jobs have not altered at all. You will just have to keep a close eye on whats going on as a year in they are trying to change some things around Tupe protection only lasts for a specified time. We were told if we refused to TUPE across that was deemed to be the equivalent to a letter of resignation from us

bringbakbiffa:
Ive been through TUPE recently when we got transfered to a multi national. You have nothing to worry about really as our jobs have not altered at all. You will just have to keep a close eye on whats going on as a year in they are trying to change some things around Tupe protection only lasts for a specified time. We were told if we refused to TUPE across that was deemed to be the equivalent to a letter of resignation from us

There is no specific time for protection although, it doesn’t last for ever.

greenarmy:
i currently work for the city council as a driver and clearing out vacant properties, in a couple of months time we are becoming a housing association and being tuped across there have been meetings but if you ask them any questions as to whether your pay,leave ect will remain the same they wont answer the question with a straight answer so basically if anybody on here has been tuped over could they tell me what the outcome was.

hi mate there a guide to tupe i have put a link to it may help

berr.gov.uk/files/file20761.pdf

It was always 1 year before they could touch your pay and conditions in car delivery, and I’ve been TUPE’d about 4 times.